Google Translator

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Few Changes

I have been playing around with the sideboard in the living room. I wasn't real happy with it.

(Before)

(After)
I have changed it to this. Sorry about the dark photo, the rest are light enough to see everything better. Note the sticks in the huge vase, most of those are from our apple tree that got a trimming this week.



My poor tulips are pretty much gone, but I love the pop of color that they provide.



I made this yesterday. It's just chicken wire stretched over the back of the old mirror frame and screwed on. Ordinarily it could be stapled on, but I don't have a staple gun, yet.







This little guy was moved over here. I think it belongs here. I have tried to find a good balance of light and dark on the sideboard. That seems to be what looks good in the living room.
So, are you working on a project, if so, please tell me what you are working on.
Have a beautiful Saturday!












8 comments:

Greet said...

Hi my dearest friend,
Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my blog! I so appreciate that! You know it!
I love your new bloglook! Really beautiful Cindy!
Is that beautiful sideboard an antique piece! Beautiful!! Very cozy in your cottage dear!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xx
Greet

Anonymous said...

My, you sure have been busy this morning!! The house looks great and I'm so glad you've enjoyed your tulips. Love you much, Maranetta

Andrea said...

This looks great! Have a good weekend ~andrea

Anonymous said...

Looks really wonderful Mom...I see my birdie is in a royal place...Looks more free not encased in glass...haha

Love your Oldest D.

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Hi Cindy! Round Top is a very small town nestled between Austin and Houston Texas. It's a wonderful cozy town and you wont be sorry if you decide to visit. Promise~

Manuela@TPOH said...

Your new arrangement looks really good! I love the crown you have on there.

Manuela

Ticking and Toile said...

Hi Cindy, that sideboard is just gorgeous! You did a great job with the vignette!

Thanks for coming by & entering my giveaway! Got my fingers crossed for you.

Shellagh

P.s. I just recently discovered that on Picasa (the photo storage website) you can lighten pictures! I was so thrilled because living in the NW sometimes there is NEVER enough light to get a good shot. You'll have to give it a try ~ you'll love it and it's free!

Beverly said...

Hey Girl....I like the change!
Just passing through catching up on some blog reading!