Google Translator

Friday, April 23, 2010

A Huge Old Canada Bread Box for Show and Tell




Hi come on in!




Today I'm joining Cindy over at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.  I am very excited about what I have to show today.  I have a neighbor who is a collector of all things vintage and he found this Canada Bread Box and sold it to me for what he paid for it, can you believe $20.00?  I was thrilled to buy it from him.  It has oak slats on the bottom, with the metal corners that you can see there.  I'm sure this style of box hasn't been used in the bread factory for a while. I just love the lettering on it.  Thanks Jeff!



The box is huge, though.  I almost don't have room for it, so I put it on the fireplace hearth.  I put some vintage blankets in it and a pillow covered with a vintage pillow slip.

Yesterday was my son's birthday.  He turned 33, he's my oldest.  He is a wonderful man, I am so blessed to call him "Son".  He has a sweet wife and two children.  He runs his own brick laying business and has completely renovated his home, that he just sold, and made a nice profit on.
Happy Birthday, Greg!

I had him and his family over for his b'day dinner, I made him Cajun Beans and Corn Bread.  It's a favorite from his childhood.



Be sure to go over to Cindy's Show and Tell and see what else is being shown, it's always lots of fun.


Have a lovely day!

19 comments:

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue said...

I love the box and happy birthday to your son!

Lara Harris said...

LOVE it!!

Brittany said...

I LOVE it! I've been looking for an old metal bread box for my kitchen, I just love the character of old stuff :) It looks perfect on your hearth!

Millie said...

I am having trouble with "thou shalt not covet" today (your bread box did it!) not really, but what a great find!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

That bread box is a great find! I love it!
Happy Birthday to your son! I hope he had a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Awesome bread box. And yes, 33 years. Wow! I hope Greg had a great day. Did you make the cake too? I can't believe my Becky will be 33 this summer.

Greet said...

Very nice box Cindy!
And so decorative!I also would have bought it!
Your son is a happy man to have had a wonderful dinner from his so wonderful mum!!!
Happy Birthday to your son!
And a happy weekend for you Cindy!
xx
Greet

VKT said...

Hi there. I found your blog through Friday Follow. If you would be interested in becoming a follower of my blog, I would gladly follow you back.

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
Love your new vintage treasure. And it looks great where you have it. Great find! Have a wonderful weekend.

Much love to you,
♥Ana

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Love, love the box. Happy B-day to your son. Can't believe you could have a 33 yr old. No way do you look old enough for that! Glad you were able to spend time with him on his special day. They just never stop being our little boys do they? Have a great weekend! And when you do visit Savannah, let me know. We'd have a blast. I'll be your tour guide (if I live in driving distance by that time. lol)

Cindy~ said...

Oh I LOVE your old bread box and wow, for only $20.00 too. Lucky you!! It looks really great in front of your cute cottage fireplace. Happy belated birthday to your son!

Wendy said...

Wow that's such a neat bread box!!
Happy birthday to your son :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Nice bread box! Just fill it up with some nice fresh bread from your double ovens and send it out West! Oh well..I can dream can't I? Happy happy Birthday to my sweet nephew Greg! He may be 33 but I will never forget him as a sweet toddler. I got to spend some very special times with him. He was nice at every age. Many wonderful memories. Love that boy tons!

Sue xoxox

VKT said...

Cindy,

How do I follow your blog? I guess I have been teaching kindergarten too long. I can't figure it out.

Sis. jane F. said...

Hi sis. Cynthia,

I enjoyed viewing your blog. You have a beautiful home. Can't wait to see it.

DoanLegacy said...

That's so cool, the bread box! And happy birthday to your son.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bread box! Very vintage and unique find. I've never seen anything like it.
I hope that Greg enjoyed a wonderful birthday, I am proud to call him cousin. He is a great father and has such a sweet family. Congratulations to him on selling his house. Love you all! xoxo

Krissie

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Told you I would come visit from time to time. Love this!

Samantha - Walnut and Ivory said...

What a beautiful bread box, so much character!