Google Translator

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mountains & Water

Who doesn't love photos of an ocean bay? Or pictures of mountains? But together? Together they are truly a masterpiece. While I was in Bellingham this past Winter I was able to get a few good photos of the two together. I could stare at them forever. If you click on the images they will get a little bigger.




Ships and sailboats lie upon the calm inlet. At rest. Waiting.






Such a wonderful place to walk. I love to look back on these wonderful photos and remember the joy of spending time with my sweet oldest daughter and her two wonderful little off-spring.
I miss them all so much, I live a two days long drive away from them.
They visit this place often, it's one of their favorite places to spend a warm day.
While working in the yard yesterday, a huge rock fell right on the top of my foot. It didn't break anything, but it has swelled up and is pretty painful. So I am laying and sitting around so that I can walk on it when we go to Bible Study tonight. I look forward to it all week, I can't miss it.
Be sure to wander over to A Southern Daydreamer to check out other Outdoor Wednesday posts.
Hope your day is as warm and sunny as ours is. I am heading out to the back porch shortly here, to watch my husband prune the apple tree.
Mmmm..."sunshine on my shoulders make me happy!"
Cindy





7 comments:

Wendy said...

I love love love water. It's so relaxing and calming and with mountains... even better. Mountains are so great. I just can't help but think of how our God weighed the mountains in scales.... How AWESOME and BIG is He!

Isa 40:12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

joanny said...

It looks so peaceful - so serene -- I can see why your family would visit there often - sorry about your foot -- I have a cold today and can relate to not wanting to miss the class study group --

Come visit my neck of the woods for a mountain view here in the North West --through the magic of blog land

Hope you heal fast,
Joanny
http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com/

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

It does look like a great place for a walk, beautiful photos. I have had the hardest time getting to your blog lately... so if your comments have been slow that may be coming up with others as well. Just wanted to let you know that . I saw the sweet comment that you left on Joy's blog and it was killing me that I could not come by and thank you! So Thank you!!!!

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

That is some kind of awesome! I feel like I could just go sit there a while right now. That would do me good. Wow!

Helena said...

Wow... these are truly gorgeous shots! It looks like a wonderful place to spend some time.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the mountains and water!
Thanks for the lovely pictures and I really hope your foot is better!

Sue

Ms. Bake-it said...

I certainly hope your foot is better by the time you are ready to go to Bible study. Those are lovely pictures and it does indeed look like a lovely place to take a walk.

~ Tracy