Google Translator

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Favorite Room

Good Monday to you! Today I am joining Ciero over at The House in the Roses for "Show off Your Cottage". I thought this sounded fun! If you enjoy seeing sweet cottage images, be sure to go over!

My favorite room in my little cottage is the sun room. Here I sit and blog, play my keyboard and sometimes just dream.





There it is, on the other side of the french doors.






It is actually on the North side of the house, so it really gets very little sun. But it has two large sets of windows in it, therefore it gets a lot of light.





See the tiny little white picture frame? My granddaughter Bethy drew the picture in it for me. She was just turning six at the time. She is in the picture that sits in the window at the back of this photo. That is my little sis and I in the china plate frame. The photo that you see on the left is of my mom and dad when they were first married. This room is full of such lovely memories.








Pretty plain photo, but that is my little chair that I repainted and made a slipcover for. I will remake that as soon as I can get a staple gun.




















I love the color scheme in here, the pink and yellow look so lovely together.








That is my mother's graduation dress that my dear Aunt (my mom's older sis) made for her when she was 17 years old. That would have been in 1952. I have two other dresses that belonged to my mother, also. I love vintage clothing. I aim to paint this old wardrobe this summer. I now have an electric paint sprayer and it will get lots of use as soon as it is warm enough to use. Well, there you go, that's what I wanted to show off today.
I hope your Monday is sunny and bright!






13 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What an inviting room! I love your little table. Your mother's dress is just so sweet.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

very cosy room it seem.. love it!

Pen Pen said...

I love your room too... wish I had a little room to call my own! It's wonderful that you have that pretty pink dress that belonged to your mom.... beautiful!

Wendy said...

I love the big windows. It is a warm and cozy place to blog!

Atelier de Charo said...

It's a beautiful room, so cozy!!!

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

What can I say? It's perfect! I have an old desk chair just like yours! My daughter has it in her room.

Greet said...

Hi Cindy,
Beautiful pictures! I love your repainted chair!!
xx
Greet

Denise Marie said...

gorgeous cottage sunroom. I'd hang out in there too. I like the tufted little round ottoman. And, your awesome vignette at the table...love every little piece.

Caroline said...

Hi Cindy, thanks for stopping by. Your sunroom is very calming. Love the pics of your home. Can't wait to see how the wardrobe turns out when you paint it.

Shelia said...

Very lovely room!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

a very blessed lady! said...

That room is just inspiring and lovely, I would so blog in there too!And love your moms graduation dress, awesome that she got to wear pink! You don't see that much anymore..school colors are always so boyish!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

Loved the walk down memory lane. Very warm and cozy room you have. Love it!

Sue xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

Loved the walk down memory lane! Your home is so warm and inviting.
Love it!

Sue xoxoxo