Google Translator

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday & The Red River Is Going Down

Good Wednesday to you!
I am joining Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydreamer again, as well as Watery Wednesday.  Check them out, you will find some wonderful photography.

The photo below is of a beautiful, old building that is straight across from our park, just the other side of the Red River.  I think it is so interesting.




I was down at the Red yesterday and it has gone way down, the upper trail is completely uncovered by water, though a little muddy still.  The trail that is closer to the real shore is still under water.  It has been such a lovely Spring here.  The sun has been out and we haven't had any rain for weeks on end now.  The farmers are planting  already.  Last year the fields were still too muddy in June!  Thank you, Lord for your kind mercies!


Two sweet little birds were sitting in our bush, they were really tiny but I was able to get fairly close to them.  They didn't seem to be afraid.  I don't know what kind of bird it is.  If you know I would love for you to tell me.

I have changed the format of my blog and I am still fighting with it to get photos where they should be.  I am getting there, the photos are larger now at least.






I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Hugs,

12 comments:

me ann my camera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Riet said...

HI Cindy. What lovely pictures you have here. Thank you for visiting me

Shey said...

Looks like a very nice neighborhood. Great for taking hikes while watching the water and birds. :)

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Wow! How great to have that view right in your own neighborhood! Lovely!

tinasphotoblog said...

Lovely photos! :)

NatureFootstep said...

seems like you have the same progress of spring like we do. :)Lots of water here too.

me ann my camera said...

Hi Cindy, I wonder if the little bird you couldn't id might be a Pine Siskin. Does iot have yellow on its wings as Pine Siskins hsve. Hope trhis helps a bit. Ann

eileeninmd said...

Nice photos, the bird does look like the Pine Siskin.

Hootin' Anni said...

It's good to hear that the flooding is receding. Maybe Spring will show it's lovely colors for you now. And the beautiful bird is just the beginning!!

I'm trying to catch up on my wonderful visitors from Wednesday. I thank you for dropping by and leaving such a kind comment. It's always so much appreciated.

Thanks, and do come again sometime soon.

Hope your day has been treating you well so far!!

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Thanks for your encouraging words today. I needed that! I already had that thought today - no matter where I go, I get to take my blogging buddies with me! Thankful! You're a true friend. Please continue to pray for me. I'll do the same for you. Hugs.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cindy! I have missed you while I've been away, and I wanted to drop by and visit! I played hookey today from working in St. Augustine, and I came home so I would have computer access. I don't have it there. Tomorrow, I start back up with the workmen. All sorts of things went haywire over the last few weeks, but I hope that tide has turned. We seem to be moving foward at least. ;-)

Hope you have a great day. I'm looking forward to getting back to blogging... hopefully soon.

And you're right, God is GOOD!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kim said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love your pictures. I especially like the one with the bird. Great photo!