Google Translator

Thursday, April 8, 2010

River Walk Sign by Me


Over the last couple of days I have been working on making a sign. After our kitchen reno we had lots of good wood left over, out of some of that wood I want to make a few signs. This is my first one.




There really is a very popular river walk not far from our little cottage, so I wanted a sign that read "River Walk".




It's hard to tell from these photos, but I painted it first then distressed it, I wanted it to look old, these photos just don't do it justice. Because our walls are lathe and plaster, every nail that goes into the wall must be drilled first and then the nail can be hammered in. I get tired of the whole procedure, so I opted to just put it in this small space and I like it there. What do you think? The whole sign cost almost nothing, I used supplies that I had on hand and the wood was free!
Today I joined "Thrifty Thursday" over at Bloggeritaville. Check it out for more thrifty ideas!


Hope your day is fun!









9 comments:

Patti said...

Cute sign...I would love to live near a river!!

Brittany said...

That's just too cute! I'm wanting to make some beachy signs for my den - you're inspiring me to get started! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice sign! Love where you have it sitting. Guess that is a hint for you to get out of the kitchen! heehee

xoxo Sue

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love signs. Yours looks great!

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Love the sign. First thing that comes to my mind is the River Walk in San Antonio, Tx. One of my fav places!

Amanda said...

Very cute! I have got to get a new printer so that I can get to making a few signs.

Rockin Momma said...

I'm a new Follower From Thrifty Thursday Link Party! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=1398 and sign up for my newest giveaway!

Rockin Momma said...

I'm a new Follower From Thrifty Thursday Link Party! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=1398 and sign up for my newest giveaway!

Wendy said...

Aw it's very cute :)