Google Translator

Monday, April 26, 2010

SPRING!


Don't you love Spring?  I think it is the loveliest Season of all.  It's a time of anticipation and revelation.  It's also a time to finish up a few projects and rearrange a few items in the house.  In remodeling our kitchen, we covered up a doorway where our new kitchen range is now.  There had been a door that led to a small hallway.  Now it looks like this photo below.  It's a solid wall that I have put a mirror on and it's where I can fix my hair.






I also changed my antique sideboard up a little.  I added the "spring" letters and sat an old bottle on it.  I purchased the bottle yesterday at an Antique shop in Oakbank, MB.  The words on the bottle say "Burdock Blood Bitters", one side of it reads, "Toronto, Ont.".  The other side reads "The T. Milburn Co. Ltd."  The dealer told us that it was from about 1925.  I love old vintagey bottles, don't you?




I have found two wonderful Canadian blogs that you may not have found yet.  Firstly, Canadian Cottage is written by a young woman who, along with her husband, has created a sweet little cottage that has loads of eye candy in it.  She is currently blogging about the changes they have made in their master bedroom.   
The next one is written by a woman who takes mundane articles and adds lots of "bling" to them.  I found her lovely articles when I was last shopping in Langley, where I lived for 12 years, before moving to Manitoba.  Her blog, JunkDreams is also full of great eye candy.  I hope you will check them out, if you like cottage decor, you will like these!


I hope your Monday is full of all the good things that life has to offer you!





One last look at my new arrangement in the hallway.  The bedrooms, bathroom and closet all lead off of this hall.
                                       Cords, how on earth do you disguise them?  They are so unsightly.
                                 

6 comments:

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Yes, I love vintage bottles and love spring! Everything looks so charming. Your pictures of your home always have such a warm glow about them. Reminds me of you! I don't know what to do with cords either. For a table like this, I usually bundle the cord up as tightly as I can so that there's just enough slack to run along the length of the table leg and then to the outlet, taping the bundle to the underside of the table.

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

The cords are such a problem. I never know what to do with them either, I try to stuff them behind things as often as possible. Behind a basket or inside a vase. Everything looks great!
~Michelle

Wendy said...

Yay the comments are working again. I kept getting an error message earlier. I was thinking we should go antique shopping. Meaning I'll drive ya, if you tell me where to go. Fridays or possibly sunday afternoons? might work best for me.

I agree with you that cords are ugly. I'm constantly trying to hid them. But whatever would we do without them!

junkdreams said...

Hi Cindy,
Thank you so much for mentioning my blog on yours....so sweet!! How are you enjoying Manitoba...my brother and sister in law live there and they love it. So happy to find another Canadian blogger!!
xojanis

French-Kissed said...

Hi Cindy,

I love the new look of your blog! and all of the spring fluffing you are doing.

~jermaine~

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

You new hall arrangement is beautiful! That mirror really opens up that space. I'll go check out that blog you mentioned.

Manuela