Google Translator

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Outdoor Wednesday!



Welcome to another Watery Wednesday and Outdoor Wednesday! I enjoy showing all of my friends in Blogland what we have to offer here in "Friendly Manitoba". Today I have a photo that my husband took of a Female
Downy Woodpecker. She was sitting in our plum tree eating grubs. Isn't she beautiful?  This photo was taken two week ago.There is an even closer image of her at the bottom of this post.  But first...





The watery shots are of the raindrops on the newly blossoming Lily of the Valley and on my spent Tulips. 





It has been raining for the last week nearly and all of the fruit trees in our yard have blossomed!
I love the blossoming trees.  The one below is our plum tree, it has lovely pink flowers on it.  It's the same one that the woodpecker was sitting in two weeks ago.  See what rain can do for you?




Then our apple tree, above, it has white blossoms on it.

And below, is a close up of the woodpecker.  I'm sorry if it shows up a little blurry on your monitor.
She is so pretty that I just had to get a closer view of her.




Before I go I must tell you about a giveaway at A Doctor in the House .  My friend Tammy is offering a $25.00 gift card from Target!  So be sure to visit and leave a comment.

I hope your Wednesday is not as watery as mine, I got wet while taking the photos of the trees and flowers today.  Happy Wednesday to all.

Hugs, 


8 comments:

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

That picture is incredible! Looks like something in a nature magazine. Gonna have to get me one of those cameras!
You asked about the cake. Actually a girl in our church made it. She did a great job.

Hood Photo Blog said...

The woodpecker shot is great. Also love your spring garden pictures!

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous photo of the Downy Woodpecker! Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Wendy said...

It's been a bit dreary with the week long rainy spell but everything sure is lovely and green now so it will make our walks even more enjoyable! Love the closeup of the wood pecker. Wow...great shot

Bronwynn said...

Very nice. I like the little woodpecker, she's very cute. And the plum tree. I've never seen one before, and it has lovely flowers

Anonymous said...

I too love the picture of your woodpecker. I have heard one at my house but have yet to see it. Your yard looks so pretty! There has to be something said about rain. It definitely makes everything a beautiful shade of green! I love green so I try not to complain too much about our rain.
Sue xoxo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lovely post, Cindy! Our spring is winding down, and we are hitting the warmer (hot) days that will follow into summer and beyond.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ana said...

Beautiful pictures Cindy. Love this time of the year...Everything gets so colorful with all the wonderful blooming flowers and trees. Oh, and awesome picture of the woody wood pecker :-) Have a wonderful day my dear friend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana