Google Translator

Monday, May 10, 2010

Great Garage Sale Finds




Today I'm joining Rhoda at Southern Hospitality.  She loves garage sales and has so many wonderful thrifty finds in her lovely home.  These are what I found at the garage sales that I went to.  Blogger is giving my a hard time again, it won't let me insert text at the top of the page or in between the photos.  If you have had this problem and conquered it, would you be so kind as to tell me how to fix it?

All I can do is explain the photos that you have already seen here.  In the top one you see little embroidered napkins, they came in a bag of other table linens and the little glasses that I got for free at the second sale that I went to.

The second photo show tomato plants that I got for 50 cents each.  They are heritage plants especially formulated for our Manitoba climate.  The birds were free from that sale as well.

The third photo shows an old shabby quilt that I got for $1.00.  It washed up nicely and I will use it here on my porch on the old chair until I get it recovered.



These linen hand embroidered tea towels came in the bag of linens, as well as a lovely linen table cloth with hand embroidery and cut work (I think it's called) on it for 1 dollar!!  It's in the last photo.

The wicker book case below was $10.00 and the enamel ware tin with the lid was $2.00.



The cut work linen table cloth was in the $1 bag of linens.  It is so pretty.  It has a few little spots on it that I will work on and as soon as the sun comes out I will dry it in the sun.  I feel sure that the spots will disappear.  I love
the enamel tin.  It suits my farm house kitchen perfectly.  For the time being I will keep cookies and bread in it.

Thank you for coming by, I hope your Monday is sunny and bright!!!


 


23 comments:

Greet said...

Cindy,
These are indeed great finds!
I really do not know where to go here in Belgium for a garage sale! Maybe I have to start doing this one day!
xx
Greet

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

I've never seen so many finds in one day. Love the linens! Can't believe you got those glasses for free! Awesome!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Girl, you are good! And that quilt was a dollar??? WOW!

Loved your finds.

XO,

Sheila :-)

salmagundi said...

Those were great finds. This is my first time to your blog, and I love your style. It is so refreshing to see someone live in a tiny house and find joy in it!! Sally

Jen Sue Wild said...

Wow I am so envious of your finds..
I wish I could score like that at yard sells.

Wendy said...

I love that quilt! The linens are lovely, too.

Rhonda said...

wow! you got all those linens for $1 and your free stuff looks like stuff that costs plenty at antique stores.

your cottage is very pretty too.

Millie said...

Oh, I KNEW I should have gone to a few garage sales! Lovely things, and they look really good in your home.

Robin said...

Those linens are to die for. I love them so much! Jealous of your thrifty find.

Nancy said...

You really found some great deals! Love the linens, quilt and wicker shelf thing. Good job!

Nancy

Always Nesting said...

Thanks for stopping by Always Nesting. I love your blog. Your home is beautiful and I love all the birdy touches.....nesting, of course.

Stop by tomorrow evening after I've finished battle with Linky and see what we are all Woo Hoo!ing about.

Anny said...

WOW I think you won at garage saling this week - awesome finds!

Ms. Bake-it said...

What great finds! Especially love the linens and enamel tin!

~ Tracy

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love the embroidered tea towel!! Very very pretty. :)

Thanks so much for the visit today! :)

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Love the bookcase!! And a dollar for the quilt?? Fantastic!

Rebekah said...

I love your cute home, Cindy. What great finds, too! I have a small collection of embroidered tea and hand towels that I really enjoy using. I find, though, that if I put them in the guest bathroom, guests are often afraid to use something so pretty to dry their hands! I'm not afraid. :)

Thanks for taking a minute to leave a comment on my post. I hope you'll stop by again!

Shellbelle said...

What lovely, lovely things and all great bargains! Love the linens especially.

I was reading back and have to tell you that the burlap and ruffles are fabulous together. I've never seen that before, but I'm going to keep my eye out for some burlap now, thanks for the inspiration!

Wendy said...

Nice haul! We should go together one day. I never seem to have that kind of luck on my own lol

Rosies said...

oh I love garage sales!!! YOu made a haul lady!! OK I am so sorry I had a very busy weekedn and got behind on a lot of things! But I just added your pics to my blog! Go check them out, and thanks for sharing! If you want to add a featured button just go to your blog add a gadget, click on add html.java script and then paste this code in the box. Thanks again!! oh it won't let me add the code, if you go to my blog you can copy the code that is right under the i have been featured pic and then paste that to your gadget!

Manuela@TPOH said...

Oh my gosh I would have loved to find some pretty linens like you! That quilt is sooo pretty! What wonderful things you found!

Manuela

Ana said...

Oh Cindy, what beautiful finds...and some of them were free? Wow, can't beat that. I think my fave has to be the enamal tin, love it.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anonymous said...

I want to come see you. I do not know when I can, but I want to. I want to see all of it at once.

Anonymous said...

Cindy!

I too am jealous of your great finds. You are amazing! Perhaps I will start going to garage sales again after all....

Sue xoxo