Google Translator

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blown Away

Good morning to all!!!  Happy Wednesday to you.  The winds yesterday were tremendous!  We had gusts

 up to 90 km/h and higher I'm sure.




We almost never hear sirens in our quiet little neighborhood, but they were heard time and time again all day long. 

 I am reading in the Book of Job and this stood out to me.  Young Elihu is discussing the power of the Almighty God and he says in chapter 36:29, " Who can understand the spreading of the clouds and the thunder that rolls forth from heaven?".  Then in 37:9,"The stormy wind comes from it's chamber and the driving winds bring the cold." 

The thunder could be heard all night long, rolling and cracking.  But only the wind was left on Tuesday morning when I woke up.

The driving winds broke a large limb off of our Mountain Ash in the front yard and blew tiny limbs everywhere.   I spent quite a bit of time tearing and cutting the limb apart so we can dispose of it, it was a huge limb.  It didn't disfigure our tree, which I am so glad for, I love that tree!






I braved the winds to get pictures, I walked down to the river, a ten minute walk from my house.  Funny thing, I was the only one out walking!  I wonder why!  I was keeping a close eye on the trees around me.


After braving the winds in order to get pictures, I got home, quickly downloaded all of the photos,  then somehow I deleted the whole folder of photos that I had just taken!  The photos that I am showing you today are from last summer, but they are the exact same area that I was in yesterday.  I wasn't able to capture the power of the wind in the photos yesterday anyway, so these will do.  It is a little windy today, but the wind has died down considerably, thank goodness.


I wish you all a lovely, sunshiny day!


16 comments:

Joyce said...

Sorry you braved the winds and then lost the photos. I find the sirens terrifying but then I think we are lucky to get the warnings to help keep us all safe.
Joyce

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Cindy! I'm so sorry you lost your pictures, and that storm sounds scary. I hope and pray that all is well and that you don't get any more wind like that. I'm just glad you're safe!

XO,

Sheila :-)

RyHeAnNe said...

Wishing you a good day! Hope everything is fine, you have cool photos...so green!

Marie said...

Let's just call that your little adventure for the day. Hope the wind settles down for you today.
-marie

Riet said...

Storms are not the nicest things to be in. LOvely pictures

Paulina said...

Dear Cindy, thank you so much for your loving comments on my current post, it was appreciated :o)
It's cloudy and fairly windy here. Try not to lose these photos, lol...they are lovely.

God bless your day too.

Greet said...

Hi Cindy,
I hear about the wind in your village! Well here in Belgium it was a bad day too! Not so much wind but a lot of rain and cold for time of the year! We have been spoiled with a warm loverly weekend and now it is cold again! But I heard that next weekend it well be better! I really hope so!
Oh so sorry about your pictures about yesterday! But anyway these you showed here of last summer are very beautiful!
Hugs,
Greet

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Can't believe you got out in those winds! You're just too curious. lol It's amazing to watch the wind blow. So like our God. Can't see Him but see the effects. He gives peace in the midst of the storm.

dawn said...

Cool shots!
Sorry you lost your photos :(

Becky K. said...

We have a lot of trees in our back yard so I am always worried when it is very windy.

Glad you are ok.

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

eileeninmd said...

I am glad you are OK, lovely photos!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cindy, I'm dropping back by to thank you for the sweet birthday greeting your left for Mr. Magpie on my blog. He read every one, and you all helped to make his day so special. Thank you, my friend!

See you when I get back from a blog break that is going to be so brief you won't even know I've been gone. ;-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
It's been very windy here too. I don't remember it ever being so wind for such a long period of time...I had to take my little canopy down from the little patio we built last year...I was affraid it would blow away :-) Anyway, I'm just glad that you guys are ok and that the limb that broke off didn't hurt anyone or damaged too much. Hope you have a wonderful weekend my sweet friend.


Hugs and Blessings,
♥Ana

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I have given up on you... go by my blog for a surprise.

Ann said...

I can almost hear the rustling of the leaves. Lovely photos.

Millie said...

Cindy, Open Doors is on tomorrow too., but not All museums are free. You probably can find a list on the internet of what is open on Sunday if you are interested.