Google Translator

Monday, May 17, 2010

Is Free Thrifty Enough??

                                        I'm not kidding, almost all of this stuff was free.  It may look like junk to you, but squint your eyes and imagine it all in a lovely coat of white and distressed lines here and there and doesn't it look better?  Well, I think so.
 My eight and nine-year old grand loves spent Friday night with us.  I got up Saturday morning at about seven.  Made biscuits, eggs and sausage for breakfast and my grands and I hit the streets scouring them for treasures.  It was Free Day in my fair city!  Anything "good" that folks wished to rid themselves of was put at the curb with a free sign on it.  And my, did we had fun!

We found a few garage sales, but mainly what we found was free.  The brown suitcase above was 50 cents, can you believe it?  The wooden box on it and the doilies and vine wreath were all free.  What you can't see is behind the cases, it's a box full of linen and muslin fabrics that I will be able to make a few lovely pillows from.

My grands had as much fun as I did.

What did you do this past weekend?  Did you have fun doing it?
Please leave me a comment and let me know.  You can be sure that I will visit you to see what you have been up to.  I love discovering new blogs!  I am  joining Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for "More Thrifty Treasures".  There is always lots to see over there, so check it out!  And thank you dear Rhoda for hosting this fun blog party!


11 comments:

Pen Pen said...

Wow! I have a lamp similar to the one you got with the double lights on it. I can't find shades to fit it. I was really staring at your globes and wondering if I could find something like that for mine. Pretty stuff!

Nancy said...

That's unbelievable! I want to move to your city! lol! I couldn't even pay for stuff that nice, much less get it free! That green vase looks old. Look on the bottom for a mark. You really got some neat things!

Nancy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That's quite a haul, Cindy! I love free. I would rather give something to someone than sell it at a garage sale. So that day would suit me just fine! :-)

I have been resting this weekend. Long story, but I had a fall on Thursday and am SORE.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I can't believe that suitcase was a mere .50 cents. I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Fabulous finds. Feel free to share them on my Thrift Share Monday post and list your link.

Beth said...

You found some great things! I especially like the suitcase. What a bargain!

Brittany said...

Wow! Looks like you had some fun!! Can't wait to see what you do with all those goodies! :)

Tammy said...

I am not believing all of that was free! Girl, you are blessed! My weekend was spent looking for a rental in our future location. And no, it was not fun at all. How I would have loved to been out at yard sales, especially free ones! Have fun with your new projects!

Embellished Bayou said...

Oh, that is so awesome that your town has a free day! I've never heard of such a thing, I wish they did that here. Looks like you got some good treasures!

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Cindy!

Great finds! Love the suitcase. And a box of muslin? Great --it is one of my very fav materials. Your cottage sounds just charming and I can see that it is!

I appreciated your visit and thoughts! So happy to meet you!

love, kelee

Ana said...

Free Day! Really? You're not just joking with us...are you? What an awesome idea. You certainly got a lot of great things...Oh and by the way...home made biscuits, eggs and sausage...sounds so yummilicious! Can I come over for breakfast one of this days?...Oooo, maybe on free day...:-)

Much love to you,
♥Ana

Janean said...

ya can't beat that with a stick! truly got some great treasures too!!!