Google Translator

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Old Suitcases



 

Do you like old suitcases? I adore most anything vintage and while out junking with my grand kids this last weekend we came upon a HUGE garage sale and the bottom suitcase was only 50 cents!!! Another woman actually had it in her hands and I was trying to talk her into buying it because it was so nice and so cheap and she gave it to me and told me that I could buy it! I was doing the happy dance! The top wooden case with the leather straps and handle was FREE on the curb. (Last weekend was set aside for people to put anything on the curbside for free.) The basket and old jars were also free.






What I was really looking for, last Saturday, was an old end table or a bedside table. I came home without it, but I remembered having this old stool that I got at a garage sale last year for about $1.00, so I put it all together and this is what came of it.  Tell me what you think. 

I am joining Cindy over at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.  There are always wonderful things to see over there. 










Thanks for coming by, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Don't forget to leave me a comment!

16 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

WOW!! did you great on those suitcase's girl...love the way you stacked them to use as a table...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Sue said...

I am always looking for old suitcases at a reasonable price. Have to say that you have me beat with your bargain! LOL They look great on your old table.
I currently have 2 out in the garage that are stuffed with newspaper to try and get out a bit of musty odor. I'll be stacking them in one of the guest bedrooms.
:-) Sue

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I have been searching for an old suitcase to put on a small table in my bedroom. I have to say I am jealous. Yours looks great.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Quintessential Magpie said...

These make a very snazzy table, Cindy! And the answer is yes, I love suitcases!

XO,

Sheila... who is up late! ;-)

Natasha said...

Well, you were obviously meant to have that beautiful suitcase! It looks fabulous in that spot.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Wendy said...

Very cute. It looks like it's in great shape too! Wonder how many trips it's been on and where it's gone :)

Rhonda said...

I think it works great - you can put magazines or your handwork in a suitcase when you are working on it.
and I know your grandkids would love it if you filled up those pretty jars with candy or cookies :)

replica bags said...

I would like to let you know what a joy it is to wake up each morning and read your delightful blog. I always feel as if you are speaking directly to me.

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

awesome find. i love the way you stacked them! perfect!

Paulina said...

Dear Cindy, I can understand your liking for suitcases, my preference those travel trunks. My mother had 2 big trunks where she stored linen etc. That's exacted how I would use mine, if I should ever get one, lol.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Greet said...

Cindy,
The suitcases look all very cute!!
I love them also as night tables with a lamp on it!!
xx
Greet
PS Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog the other day and congrats with the winning of that beautiful give away!!

Anonymous said...

'Sweet' decorating with your oldsuitcases! I showed Brittany your blog. She said she loves old suitcases and she loved yours!!

xoxo Sue

replica watches said...

Three steps forward .... Still, you know what they say about the man who never made a mistake! Keep going - you'll get there soon - and it's good to have some news again.

imitation watches said...

Wow!!! Great job.. Line a thako....

chiropractor in kent wa - 60 blogs per month said...

I have brows this the blog, i think it is very stranded blog site