Google Translator

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baking Day & Other Happenings @ Oakview Cottage

Good morning! Happy Thursday to every one.
I hope this finds you well and content.
I have a really delicious cookie recipe to share with you today. This recipe won me great reviews from my eight year old Grandson. Now, tell me, what could be better? Because of this recipe he told his Sunday School class that his grandma made the BEST cookies, ever. Pretty high reviews, I think!
I doubled the recipe and it was spilling over the sides of the bowl, therefore the bowl looks a mess, forgive me for showing REAL shots.

The recipe says that it makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies, but I get 3 or 3 1/2 from it.
Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour ( I use whole wheat flour)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups uncooked regular oats
1 cup semi-sweet (dark) chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
2. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well. Add to butter mixture; stir until well blended. Gentry stir in chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 deg. for 10 minutes or until brown around edges. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.



Enjoy with a glass of milk or cup of tea!




I double the recipe so I can bless several families with a dozen or more!

Originally this recipe came from Cottage Living, but I can't even find their website now. Was it one of the magazines that folded, perhaps? Thankfully, I had copied it a while back and made changes to it that made it even yummier!





Earlier this week, a d0ozy of a rain storm pass through, it was hailing on the side of the house that I was on. So, I grabbed my camera and ran to the front door there was no hail there, only huge rain drops!!!




It was Oklahoma sized rain drops! As a teen I remember my sis and I were visiting my Aunts and Uncles in Dewar, OK, when we got caught in a rain storm like I had never seen before. My younger sis and I enjoyed it tremendously! Oh the joys of being young!
Have a joy-filled day!




8 comments:

Nancy said...

The recipe sounds very good! Thanks for sharing it. Quite the raindrops you get there! We might be getting some rain today.

Have a great day!

Nancy

Bethany said...

WOW these cookies look amazing! I will have to try them. Thanks for posting.

Brittany said...

Those cookies look so yummy!!

Amy said...

Those cookies sound and look delicious! I love the "real" pictures. And the rain pics!

Susan said...

Your cookies look so edible. Now I am craving a homebaked cookie!
Isn't it wonderful how lush the rain makes everything. Enjoy a cookie for me.
xoxo ssue

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
I haven't been feeling like myself lately and I've had a hard time getting over to visit...I see I've missed several posts...I just came over to see how you were doing and to thank you from the bottom of my heart for always being such a kind and sweet friend to me. I feel very blessed. Thank you. Hope all is well.

Much love to you,
♥Ana

P.S.
Those cookies look yummilicous!

Rhonda said...

yep- Cottage Living magazine folded awhile back.

We have had several of those Oklahoma storms this week - I have not had to water the plants and it has also been too wet to mow -

your cookies look delicious

janney said...

That cookies looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I might try it.

Have a great day :)