Google Translator

Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's A Sign!


See the sign above the window?

It's a sign that I have seen all over Blog land and I just had to have one, so I made it recently.

It cost me nothing because I already had the stencils that I used, the craft paints and the board came from my stash of boards from our recent kitchen renovation.










The tablecloth is a second hand store find, I've had it for a while now. I like the colors in it. I usually use it in the fall, but I put it on yesterday for something different.













And my milk glass vase with my little flowers in it from my garden. I found the vase at a second hand store years ago.

Must have some Spring time color along side my little birds.

The little tea towel with hand embroidery on it that is hanging from the door of my cupboard is a recent garage sale find.












I think my kitchen has a vintage feel to it, at least that is what I am aiming for. I love the feeling of something having a history. My house does, although my kitchen doesn't, but what I am accesorizing it with should give it the feeling of being as old as the house itself, which was built in 1927.




I am joining Frugalicious Friday over at Finding Fabulous, today, go over and see some really great and frugal ideas!



I hope you enjoyed your visit today, I always love it when you come by and leave a sweet comment for me.




Have a lovely Friday!


Hugs,


Cindy



13 comments:

Brittany said...

Your sign turned out great! I've been wanting to try that one, too :)

Carolyn said...

Your sign looks great there! I love your kitchen-it looks so cozy.

Have a great weekend,

Carolyn

Amy said...

Your sign turned out so cute! Love your kitchen. It does have that vintage feel.

Wendy said...

I LOVE the sign. I wish I could convince my family that the kitchen was closed after 6pm. lol

Sam said...

Love it - now I have to go make one for my own kitchen. Just another thing to add to the list!

I'm visiting from Finding Fabulous. Have a great weekend!

Sam
Mom.Undecided.
http://momundecided.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Love the sign! One question: 6am or 6pm? LOL

xoxo Sue

Paulina said...

You crafty thing, you :o) well done on your signmaking, it's good. I like your home, it seems a mixture of vintage and modern, Cindy, or maybe that's just my perspective?

Have a blessed weekend too.

janney said...

I love the sign too, is that open daily till 6 am or pm? lol. Your kitchen is beautiful. It looks so cozy and warmth. Makes me want to have tea in that tablecloth :)

Have a great weekend.

Jane F.

barbara@hodge:podge said...

Love the sign! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sorry you didn't get a chance to visit Chinatown - it is such a neat place. I grew up in Vancouver but have moved around a fair bit in these past 10 years and recently moved back to the suburbs of Vancouver after living near Washington DC for a few years, I vowed to see things that I missed when I lived away. YOu tend to appreciate things when you don't have them or experience them? Make sense? As for Winnipeg - never been there, lived in Edmonton, that was cold enough for me!

Your house is beautiful -lucky you to live in a Craftsman house!

RicKaren said...

The cookies look so yummy-I am going to have to try them and your yard is beautiful too!

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Your sign turned out great! Good job! I LOVE that window it sits above. I just love the character of an old home!
Hugs ~ Jo

RicKaren said...

Love the sign and the cookies look so yummy! I am going to have to try them--soon!

Creative Ambitions said...

Great sign and I love where you put it... perfect spot! Love your house!