Google Translator

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Furry Friend

Good Morning!  I love this sign, I need to have it in my kitchen.  Today, instead of a third cup of coffee, though, I decided to have a Chai Tea smoothie.
This is what I did.

1 chai teabag, put it in a glass measuring cup or heavy mug in the microwave with a tablespoon of brown sugar and a half cup of water, microwave for three minutes, let sit for ten minutes and brew.

Take the teabag out and put the brewed tea with a cup of crushed ice in blender with 1 cup milk.

Blend on high or if you have a Ice Crush feature like my Cuisinart has, blend it until it turns real smooth and you no longer hear the blades hitting ice.  You want all of the ice completely crushed.  It should be real smooth by this time.  If this is not sweet enough I will add Splenda to it until it is sweet enough.

Pour into a large glass, grab a straw, go outside, sit in a comfortable place and Enjoy!

I love Chai Tea and on a warm day this is very refreshing!



Meet Baxter, he is our neighbors dog and he's such a sweetheart.  He comes over to visit whenever he is let out, we enjoy him so much.

He is a pure bred Bichon Frise and has the sweetest personality.


He particularly loves cookies, so I had to say "do you want a cookie", for him to look at me long enough to get a good photo.




I hope your Tuesday is going well and you are enjoying some sunshine!

Hugs,

14 comments:

nannykim said...

I love that tea and have made lattes with it--hot but never cold. It is a good idea! What a clean doggy!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, what a sweetie! Baxter is a doll. I haven't tried that tea, but I might on your suggestion, Cindy!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Brittany said...

Aww...these pics almost make me sad. I had a precious Bichon for 3 years. They are the sweetest dogs EVER! I still miss him like crazy!

Nancy said...

Hi Cindy!
I love that coffee sign, too. It appeals to my quirky sense of humor.

Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try that sometime. Nothing beats the summer heat like a smoothie. We had nice weather here today...sunny and not as hot!

Have a great night!!
Hugs,
Nancy

jen said...

Hi Cindy!
Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet comments!
That little doggie is soooo cute!
Im a sucker for any dog!
I cant wait to try the tea!

Susan said...

Hey Cindy,
Love the chair Ray found for you. Can't wait to see what you do with it. The signs and runner should sell very well. I love the signs! Chai tea smoothie is something I have not tried. Only had it hot but guess what I will be trying it!
xox Sue

Wendy said...

Hmmm that does sound yummy, I might have to try that!
Cute Baxter :)

French-Kissed said...

Oh that Baxter is just adorable. I with you I love chi tea lattes...I have it hot every morning instead of coffee and I never thought of turning it into an iced blended drink...great idea for summer!

~jermaine~

P>S> I love your new header photo

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

That is one of my favorite breeds, I am not crazy about how they look is the only reason I have not ever had one. But I have never met one I did not love! Did you see "Millie" my daughters Russian Bolonka? They are from the same family and very much alike, but the bolonka is cuter IMHO...lol

nannykim said...

Hi again--thanks for the comments on the spindle cottage blog of mine. I still haven't tried this because I have either had a cold or a reaction to some new meds and have been wanting hot drinks (even though it is in the 90's here!!!) , however, I may try this drink today....I am stopping the med today too11 I noticed it says on your profile you are in a craftsman style bungalow---nice!! Thats why I enjoy your home so much!

nannykim said...

ok, so I am drinking it now--I like it. I am going to put this on my recipe blog. I think I will quote you.

Ana said...

Cindy, I love, love, love chai tea latte! I'm definitely going to have to give your recipe for the smoothie a try...Sounds yummy and perfect for hot summer days. Thank you! Oh, and by the way, Baxter is a cutie!

Much love,
♥Ana

La Maison Reid said...

What a sweet face! I love furry white dogs. Unfortunately, we travel too much to have one but if I did again it just might be a little guy like this.
~~Nancy~~

Anonymous said...

I love the coffee sign. I must use it myself sometime.
the pictures of the puppy made me miss our Benji.
love,
Judy