Google Translator

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Master Bedroom

I am joining Perfectly Imperfect again today for Style Feature Saturday.


I have been wanting to do something with my bedroom, but had no idea what to do.  To me it just wasn't cozy and comfy enough for my liking.  It looked like a mish-mash of funiture, rather than something that looked like it belonged together.  No, I'm not into mitchy-matchy either, but something was lacking.

Last year one of my neighbors gave me an old dresser.  Sorry, but I can't find the before photo.  It was painted very nicely, but not to match my rooms.  After a couple of coats of white paint, I think it look beautiful.




After a little more tweaking, our master bedroom now looks like this.




I love vintage chenille and have several bedspreads that I use in my home.  I enjoy having bits of pink everywhere and my sweet hubby never says a word about it, I'm so glad.  Thanks, babe, for not minding the pink.  (And yes, he does read my blog.)




Thanks so much for coming by today, be sure to go over to Perfectly Imperfect.  If you enjoy seeing makeovers, she has some wonderful ones.  I think she does that for a living, because she has some gorgeous funiture that she has painted and made really beautiful!

I hope your Saturday is as sunny and beautiful as ours is here in Manitoba. 

Hugs,


13 comments:

Humble Housekeeping said...

I love the look of your bedroom! You did a great job sticking with a style and really pulling it off. Love all the white...makes it look so fresh and clean!

nannykim said...

This is beautiful. I too love the chenille and I love the touches of pink you have put in. The picture is great too; the dresser looks fantastic. I love everything!

ps. Can't believe your hubby checks your blog--he is wise, very wise! ha, I think I could get away with murder...well not really...

Robby said...

This is really cool! Love the peaceful feel, and I agree with Humble Housekeeping, the white is awesome. You've done a nice job keeping the feel without getting "mitchy-matchy" as you said. Excellent work!

Visiting from http://downonsanford.blogspot.com/

Pauline said...

Dear Cindy, you bedroom is now looking very cosy and comfy. Everything works so well, good for you :o) The weather is not so great here, but at least there is no fire or flooding, thank the Lord.

Have a blessed weekend

Shaunna said...

This looks wonderful! I do love the white and I really love that corner now...so inviting and cozy! I do own a small business refinishing furniture...but I also LOVE revamping everything for my home! Thanks so much for linking up to style feature saturday and for linking back to the blog! -shaunna :)

Nancy said...

You tweak so well! I wish I could hire you to come decorate my home.

Have a great Sunday!

Hugs,
Nancy

Alaina said...

I think your room is lovely and restful. I like the chair in the corner. I too have many chenile, a friend used separate ones as drapes.

Manuela@TPOH said...

Your bedroom really looks so pretty! I love the chenille bedspread and the dresser looks fabulous painted white!

Manuela

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very pretty! You did a great tweaking job on this, Cindy!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very pretty! You did a great tweaking job on this, Cindy!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tammy said...

Sweet! My favorite is the embroidered pillow case. It's the perfect touch!

Susan said...

Your bedroom looks so restful!! I love chenille bedspreads and hope to own one someday (for my spare room)... You are amazing with decorating. I always love what you have done.
xoxo Sue

Ticking and Toile said...

Hi Cindy,
Your dresser looks wonderful! I am also loving that cute little white chair!!! And the chenille...I love chenille anywhere....:)

xo,
Shellagh

p.s. 12 deer for a chandelier??? sheesh! I guess that would put him over his "limit" eh? ;)