Google Translator

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A New Patio and a Garage Makeover!


Welcome to my blog, I am joining "Style Feature Saturday" over at Perfectly Imperfect!  It's a lovely blog, so be sure to check it out.

 
Today I want to show you more of my patio and how we have made over the exterior of our garage.  We have finished it and are really loving the look of it.  Meaning that we really need to get some comfy patio furniture so we can enjoy sitting out on it, too.
This is what it looks like now...not the greatest photo, my plants are droopy from the 87 deg. F. weather that we are enjoying.
But you get the picture...





BEFORE
(of patio)
If you look closely you will see the basement window that is in the first photo, also.  That area was a mucky hole and we had to do something with it.  We started with the idea of paving it with sidewalk squares, but after investigating prices, we found them to be very expensive.  But then...my husband found them for FREE!  So that brought down the price of the patio considerably.





BEFORE
 (of garage) 
Our little nephew was enjoying himself earlier this year when he and his mommy were visiting us.


AFTER
It looks a little better does it not?!
You can see that we haven't replaced the door frame or gotten the eaves troughs up yet, but it is greatly improved already!



























 I think it looks so darling sitting there behind the old crab apple tree.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the makeover of our little garage and patio.  I will show you more of the patio at a later date.

I hope you are enjoying the weekend relaxing with someone you love and doing something you enjoy.

Hugs,

14 comments:

Carolyn S. said...

It looks GREAt! I especiallylove the shot with the darker green door....great colors! -O)

Wendy said...

It is much improved :) It's very sweet!

Pen Pen said...

Beautiful... a job well done!!!

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

Hi Cindy, it looks so welcoming and lovely. And CUTE! You have done a great job.
alicia

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Great job Cindy! It all looks so beautiful! Your little nephew is a cutie...what a super helper! ;o)
Hugs ~ Jo

The Pennington Point said...

It looks great! What a nice place to sit ourside. Lisa~

Tonya said...

Great job! Looks like a place I would hang out.

Brittany said...

Beautiful!

Shaunna said...

It looks wonderful...everything the outdoors in supposed to be! And I know you guys put in some hard work. Great job and thanks so much for linking up to style feature saturday! -shaunna :)

AliLilly said...

WOW! That looks great! I love your adorable lil helper!! Thanks for stopping by AliLilly!! :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

How did I miss this??? I love what you did, Cindy! It is amazing. Great job. You need to come help me next! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jen said...

Looks Great!

Cyndi said...

I love the Garage Patio makeover it looks great!

nannykim said...

Really cute, especially that sweeper guy!!