Google Translator

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yard Sale Finds

For our Sunday drive, my husband and I headed out to a small town in the country where our son and his family have purchased a home.  On the way we came upon a Moving Sale, and my dear hubby, smart man that he is, didn't even ask me if I wanted to stop, he simply pulled over to the side of the road and I got out.  I found these two good sized pillows for $2.50 each.  I thought it was a good price because they are clean, very soft and look great.

 
Can you see how the sides are squared off?  I keep thinking how great they would look covered in burlap, with small, white, double muslin ruffles around it.  What do you think?

I also found another white queen size chenille bedspread for $4.00, but it's in the laundry. 

So that's it, thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving a sweet comment.  I am joining Rhoda over at Southern Hospitality so be sure to check out what Rhoda is up to.  And see what others have scored over the weekend.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Hugs, 

7 comments:

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
Wow...you scored some great finds at some unbelievable prices. I think those pillows look beautiful on your cough! I love the way you have your ottomon styled, too. Love the burlap runner with the ruffle!
Have a good evening,
Hugs ~ Jo :)

Gary and Elizabeth~ said...

HI Cindy,
You hit the jack-pot, with your great finds. Chenille bedspread are hard to find here, I think everyone else finds them before me LOL.
I could see the pillows covered in burlap for sure and the muslin ruffles around them sounds so pretty! Do make one, I would love to see it.
Your flowers are doing so well, and the flower box on the barn is so cool! love it!
Have a sweet day, big hugs~Elizabeth

Nancy said...

Hey Cindy,
Good finds! That bedspread is a great price. Have a great Monday!

Hugs,
Nancy

Kim said...

Those do look fun. I think they would be cute with a double ruffle, too.

Pauline said...

Well done, Cindy, it fits right into your lovely home :o)

Blessings

Manuela@TPOH said...

Very cute pillows and great price. Love your runner with the ruffle! I have that on my list of things to make as soon as I get my sewing machine fixed!

Manuela

Ana said...

Great finds Cindy. I think that recovering them with brulap and ruffles is a wonderful idea. I hope you show us when they're done:-)..Oooo and I spied with my little eye :-) I see your little chicken wire cloche...very nice.

Much love,
♥Ana