Google Translator

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Crafting A New Apron

Hello again, I'm so glad that you have dropped by!


I am joining Blue Cricket Design today for Show and Tell. 
Today I made an apron for my little three year old grandson.  I haven't seen him for six months, so I had to call my daughter for his measurements.  After all that, I sure hope it fits him.  I just have to show you a photo of him wearing the apron that I made for his sister earlier this year.


This photo is what precipitated the idea of making him an apron.  (Please excuse Bethy's hair, this must have been taken early in the morning, because her mommy takes very good care of her lovely golden tresses.)  But the funny thing is that she is wearing the apron that I made for her when she was three and he is wearing the one I made her.  As you can see they both love to help in the kitchen.





Here is a close up of the one I made today.  I made it out of a tea towel, but I put a pocket on it from a pair of my hubby's old jeans.  I wanted something unique, and it is that, I think.  The "N" is for Nathan.  He is such a sweetie and I hope he likes his new apron.

Thanks for coming by, I hope your weather is beautiful.  It was 101 degrees on our patio yesterday, I LOVED it, but I was also thanking God for central air.  It's only 92 deg. today.  What has your weather been doing?

Hugs,




18 comments:

RicKaren said...

That is sooo adorable and so masculine! ;)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Super cute! Love it!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your grandchildren are so adorable! The apron you made Nathan came out wonderful and I'm sure he'll love it. All boys love pockets!

nannykim said...

This is so cute!! The kids are adorable too. Kids just love to help out , don't they?

Nancy said...

If that's not the cutest apron! And the cutest grandchildren ever! You are one blessed woman!

Nancy

Nancy said...

That apron is adorable and perfect for a little boy.

Wendy said...

Oh Cynthia, that is just TOO CUTE!!!! He will be tickled..blue. :)

Bethany said...

I love those cute kids! And yes Bethany's hair is always so perfect and cute.I love the apron. Perfect for a little boy.

Jaclyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaclyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaclyn said...

That apron is awesome! I'm sure he'll love it! And I love the ones you made for Bethany, too!

Kay said...

Cindy, that apron is super-duper adorable! He will love it! Your grandchildren are so cute and there's nothing more fun than having children helping in the kitchen.

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Cindy, your grandkids are adorable!! That is a perfect apron for your little guy... so cute!!
Hugs ~ Jo

Sue at Beach Bungalow said...

Love it; and the grandkids are adorable!

Sue
xo

Lisa said...

This is so cute! I think this would be great for a Father's Day gift too!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
what a cute apron. Good job.
by the way, I got the birthday card.
Love,
Judy

Angie said...

Wonderful. I love it.

Amanda said...

Mom, I couldn't have imagined that apron being any cuter! Well done!