Google Translator

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lamp Makovers


Welcome to another Style Feature Saturday, hosted by Perfectly Imperfect.

Several years ago I bought a set of three matching lamps that were a funny greenish color.  As seen below.

 


I intended to paint them the with the very popular ORB paint, but after much searching, I was not able to find it.  I did find a dark brown called Espresso, I painted them with that, but they were just too brown for my liking.  I took them outside again and just bare gave them a whiff of black spray paint.  It gave them a bit of depth and I am liking them much better now.  Oh, and I found a different shade for the tall lamp and have purchased one shade for one of the others and I love it, so I shall go back to Walmart and get another one of those.  




What do you think, is it better?
I hope you are all enjoying a beautiful, sunny weekend!

Hugs,



13 comments:

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Nice job Cindy! They look much better, and I love the lamp shades, too!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs ~ Jo :)

Jeannine said...

They look much fresher and richer. Perhaps for the "library"?

Jenni said...

Oh, I love your lamps! You did a wonderful job! I LOVE the brownish lamp shade, I think it was the last one pictured! It's beautiful! :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for you sweet comment on the "island"! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Kat said...

Thank you for the comment on my site! Your lamps look really nice! Great job.

Kay said...

The lamps look lovely and I really like your blog too! Also, thank you for stopping by my blog today!

Burlap Luxe said...

Yes, much richer looking!
Love the photo's they tell the story with the passion you were looking for.

Thank you for your visit to my place, I treasure all comments :)
I will follow and visit soon :)
xx
Dore
Say helloooo! to Canada for me!!

Linda Merrill said...

The shade on the lamp in the last image is fabulous and looks great with the base! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Prior said...

I think it is better and they are yours now, different from everyone else! Lezlee

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Black spray paint works wonders! They look much nicer now.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
Oh yes, the lamps turned out perfectly! You are so creative!.
Oh my goodness I just saw you double fudge cookies! how delish, I can just smell them now... yummy!!!
Have a sweet day, big hugs, Elizabeth

Brittany said...

Love 'em! They look great!

cushycottage said...

the drum lamp shade looks much more contemporary. great job!

Shaunna said...

Great job! I love the darker tone, and the styling on the table is beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up to Style Feature Saturday! -shaunna :)