Google Translator

Friday, September 10, 2010

An Anniversary and A Lemonade Stand

I found the sweetest quote over at Peeking Thru the Sunflowers. (A very nice blog, btw)

 Here it is:

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.-----Anonymous

I immediately thought of my husband, his love has given me the strength to be the person that I am so glad to be today.  On Tuesday we celebrated 20 years of marriage.  We were on the road heading home from holidaying on the the West Coast.  We had a lovely and DeLiCiOuS breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Bismarck, ND and started on our Eastward trek, making it home by 6:30 that evening.  I am so grateful to God for giving me the perfect man for me. 
I thank the Lord for him every day!



(Flowers from my sweetheart in a vintage flour tin)
Now for the Lemonade stand, have you ever helped a little girl with one?  It was a blast, I had such fun and she did too.  I had to laugh at how happy she was every time money was dropped into her money box.  Bethany is such a delightful child, with a huge imagination and an equally huge zest for life.



She made nearly $6.00 and boy was she excited!  It was a very fun day.
I loved being a mother, but being a grandmother is even better, I think.



 
While his sister loved having her picture taken, Nate did not.





By the third photo he was upset with me.


Have a wonderful weekend all, talk to you next week!

Hugs,



13 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy Anniversary to you! Your granddaughter is a real cutie - I would have bought lemonade from her, too!

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary, Cindy! That is a really neat quote; thanks for sharing it. Your grandchildren are so cute, too!

Hugs,
Nancy

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Happy anniversary, Cindy! Your grandkids are so adorable... have I already told you that? :)
My youngest daughter has wanted to do a lemonade stand, but we live in the middle of nowhere and on a private road, so she would never get any customers... poor thing.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs ~ Jo

Jaclyn said...

He he they're too cute! My mom would agree that being a grandma is better! ;) BTW, Happy 20th!!

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a beautiful quote!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful quote, Cindy!

Loved the photos of the kiddo's.

Happy Anniversary!

jane said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! May your love gets sweeter everday :)
You have beautiful grandkids. It looked like she's having fun with selling lemonade.

Lord bless!

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Happy Anniversary! Love that quote, so true! Blessings to you and your hubby on your special day! So glad God has blessed you with such a wonderful soul mate.
Lemonade stand is adorable. I especially love the lounge chair Nate is relaxing in. Would love one of those for my backyard!

French-Kissed said...

Hi Cindy,

Congratulations on your Happy Anniversary! Your grandchildren are precious and beautiful.

~jermaine

Susan said...

Happy 20th Anniversary!! - I am so glad you had a DeLiCiOuS breakfast on your special day and got to spend the whole day together! Quanty as well as quality time! Love the pics of the kids and the lemonade stand! Yummy!
xoxo Sue

Wendy said...

Cute cute cute.
And Happy anniversary. :)

Ana said...

What a sweet post Cindy. A very happy anniversary to you and your sweet fellow. May God bless you with many, many more.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Carol said...

Cindy,
Happy Anniversary! Your trip and visit looks and sounds wonderful.
The purse you made took my breath away. It is a work of art. I love seeing what you make!