Google Translator

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Climbing Mount Baker

Welcome to another Outdoor Wednesday post.  If you love the outdoors, go over to A Southern Daydreamer and see who else is posting outdoor photos.

While on our vacation this summer to the state of Washington, we had the distinct pleasure of getting close to Mount Baker.  Everywhere that you drive around Whatcom County and even places in BC, you get glimpses of this glorious mountain, that has snow on it year round.  It is the third highest mountain in Washington and is 10, 778 feet high.  It is a volcano and is part of the North Cascade Mountain Range.  So being this close to it was very exciting!  Without any further ado, here it is, our trip with our daughter, son-in-law and two young grandchildren as we climb Mt. Baker.






My son-in-law and grand-loves.
And I can't forget the snow photos.







 And here's my granddaughter and I, having the time of our lives.



This is what it looks like from further away.
 
My daughter and her family go hiking quite often, so this small climb was nothing for the children, they loved every minute of it.

I hope you enjoyed seeing our little excursion and thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Hugs, 
Cindy

15 comments:

rustandruffles said...

Beautiful photos Cindy...we love going to Baker as well and it is one of my favorite things about living where we do...nothing like the view of it on a sunny day!
Hope you are doing well..happy day!
xojanis

Maggie B said...

Hi Cindy
Just popped over from Outdoor Wednesday to take a summer hike with you and see snow! Amazing.
Maggie

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

wonderful photos and outdo0r fun! visit my waterfalls

Luna Miranda said...

amazing scenery!

Sharon said...

Those are breathtaking pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

The mountains are pretty but the best part of the photos is you with your grands. Now that's priceless!

Donnie said...

What a great adventure you all had. I loved the pictures.

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Wow! What a view! We sure don't have anything like that here in Florida. ;)

Deb said...

Beautiful pictures Cindy! I was so glad that your comment linked to your blog again...it didn't for awhile??? Deb

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos of Mr Baker and you have a lovely family.

Susan said...

I love Mount Baker and will be going there for my second time this Saturday. So blessed to have such a beautiful mountain in our back yard! Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures of the mountain and the kids!
xoxo Sue

Wendy said...

I love the mountains. Really makes me visualize how big our God is who just weighs them in His hands.

Linda said...

You really took some wonderful photos! So glad the kids love to hike...looks like you had a great time!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Your photos are great, so pretty too. Thanks for commenting on my rug. When my friend offered it to me I turned it down because of the colors, but I needed a rug after putting the one I had in there in the family room and thought I would try it on the back side. Turns out, I like it just fine. I don't have any red or blue in the room ,but it is a colorful space with the green, orange and purple ! And if you asked me I would say, I prefer a room with less color...lol I guess I have the "Looks done over time" look that everyone tries to achive...

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Thanks for taking us along on your trek through the Mountains, Cindy! Gorgeous pictures!!
Oh... and I may not have mentioned enamelware in my post, but I did show my vintage enamelware scale. ;-) Your bread bowl sounds wonderful!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs ~ Jo