Google Translator

Thursday, September 16, 2010

An Enchanting Cottage



Hello, I hope you are enjoying a beautiful, sunny, Autumn day.

While on vacation this summer we went for a walk past the most enchanting little cottage I have ever seen in North America.




 I love the thatched roof, it is so quaint and so uncommon here in North America  The window boxes are all done so nicely.  I love the trailing plant in those.




Isn't the stonework gorgeous?  Another very unusual building material here in this area.
Can you see the little wagon on the porch there?  So cute.
  Unfortunately, I only had my telephoto lens with me that day, so the photos are all very close-up and I wasn't able to get the whole cottage into one photo.  Aren't the gardens surrounding it just as sweet as the house itself?  Whoever lives there must feel like they are living in a fairy tale, because enchantment is what fairy tales are composed of, isn't it?

Here's wishing you all a beautiful, sunny weekend!

Hugs,






7 comments:

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

I've never seen anything like that in the USA. Love how they hung a flag out there, otherwise you'd think you were somewhere else! lol You're a great photographer.

Jane F said...

that is a lovely cottage!
I've seen one beautiful english cottage when we were in Lake tahoe, unfortunately I wasn't able to take photos.

Pat said...

Beautiful cottage, Cindy. Wonderful photos, too.

Thanks for finding me at the new Back Porch!

Maggie Ann said...

That is very charming!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I would love to live in a house like that, my dream... I laughed at your comment, I know what you mean. I have never told a single friend about my blog! I just know I will open my big mouth about something in their home and hurt their feelings. My family has not known long about it. Thanks also for being so sweet.

Ana said...

Oh Cindy...how very charming. I have never seen anything like it around here...that's for sure. Wouldn't it be just awesome to live in such a beautiful and magical little cottage? I LOVE IT!!! Wishing you an awesome new week my dear friend.

Much love,
♥Ana

nannykim said...

Wow, I didn't know they had any like that on this side of the ocean!