Google Translator

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Autumn Inspiration

What a gorgeous Autumn day we have before us!  The sky is blue, the sun is shining brightly and the leaves are turning very quickly!  All of the orange, yellow and red outside of my windows is really putting me in a decorating mood.  I want to see more Autumn decorating inspiration, how about YOU?  My laptop was giving me a very hard time yesterday, so I was not able to show you these images.







I have no idea where I found those, if they are yours please forgive me.  They are great, though, aren't they.



Nell's Hill


Nell's Hill

For more inspiration, I found that Cottage Instincts had a blog party yesterday and there were many people weighing in with some lovely Autumn decor.

Now I have a question for you Interior Designers out there.
The interior of our church needs repainting.  Here's what we have to work with.  The floor is a blue/grey carpeting. The window toppers are fairly new and they are a maroon.  The chairs on the platform are also new and they are a maroon with a bit of beige and gold in them.  The pads on the pews are red.  The upper part of the walls in this room is white and will remain white.  The lower part is old wood paneling with a trim above it and the windows are wood trim. 
One idea that was submitted was to paint the lower part (which is all we will be painting) an almond white.  Another idea was to paint it a beige.  I was wondering if we should try to match it to the carpet and go with a very, very light shade of blue/grey.  I thought that would update it more than anything else.  But what should the trim around the windows be and how about the trim right above the paneling.  Any opinions are welcome.

I hope you are enjoying a beautiful, sunny day!

Hugs,

Cindy

10 comments:

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Yum! More fall eye candy. Love that big basket on top secretary/bookshelf. Feels like fall here today. Nice and cool this morning. Bring out the cider!

Wendy said...

I can't envision the blue grey on the bottom wood panels. My imagination just isn't working lol. I always thought that it would look nice white, how it is on the platform. The storage door on the platform needs to be painted white too. :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Cindy, I think you might be right on with the gray/blue color to update it, since the carpet is gray. Sounds like it might work. It's hard to envision all the trim in your other question, but hopefully that all would come together too.

Millie said...

Nells Hill...still loving it! Enjoy our beautiful weather.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Well, You know I am not going to say Blue...lol I would go with the beige/gold color. Photos would help though. Thanks for asking my humble advice, loved your fall photos.

Pat said...

I like the blue grey idea if you can match the tone to the carpet. Otherwise I would do white,like the top of the walls. Either of these would help with the "flow".

I knew that was Mary Carol's house as soon as I saw the photos. I've been in that room a few times. Beautiful home!

Pat said...

oops...white on window trim and above the paneling as well...or blue grey for trim and windows if you go with those.

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Beautiful fall inspiration pics, Cindy! Thanks for sharing them with us!
As for your painting question... those are some tough color combinations to work with. The only suggestion I have, is that whatever color you paint the wood paneling should be consistent with all the wood trim you paint. Good luck with your church project. :)
Happy Tuesday!
~ Jo

Jen said...

Love those napkin rings!!
I can never get enough Fall goodness!

La Maison Reid said...

It's sure getting close to that autumn time of year...but why are we still having HOT summer weather? Especially when we had hardly any summer weather during the summer? Love your napkins and rings...so textural!
xox

Nancyask