Google Translator

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday

I am back from my holidays!  We spent three weeks in the state of Washington and British Columbia.  I was able to visit with many of my friends and some of my family.  My oldest sister, from Oregon, made the six hour journey to visit with me.  Judy and I had a wonderful time, reminiscing and walking.  My daughter and her husband are truly the kindest and best of hosts and hostesses and Carolyn is a wonderful cook, besides.  The grand-kids were very entertaining and so much fun!  I will be sharing photos of our visit over the next few weeks.

Today I am joining Susan over at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday and Watery Wednesday, also.
My husband spent a week on a charter fishing boat off the coast of BC near Bella Bella,  with our youngest girl, who worked on the boat all summer.  Their boat was anchored at Shearwater.  He was only able to catch one Coho Salmon, but he got some great photos!  And some especially good ones of a Humpback Whale.  Unfortunately, one never knows where or when they will surface, so having a camera ready at the right moment is always a challenge.  Enjoy!




 Caught his dorsal fin this time.


Already on his way down.





I love this photo.



The Parry, a vintage tugboat from the '40's, refitted to be a Charter Fishing Boat.






  Our sweet girl, at the helm of a skiff.

I hope you enjoyed the photos today, have a beautiufl Wednesday and be sure to go over to A Southern Daydreamer to see what else is showing over there!

Hugs,




 

16 comments:

Millie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Millie said...

Welcome back to the Prairies! The photos are great...what an experience to see those whales.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
Amazing photo's of the humpback whale! What a thrill that must have been to see him surface!. Your sweet girl is so "beautiful" and so adventures too! Your trip sounded so fun and relaxing.
Time to come home and rest from vacation fun... after a vacation we need a vacation LOL.
Have a sweet day, Hugs~Elizabeth

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Welcome home! Sounds like your trip was wonderful. Nothing like spending time with family. You always have the best outdoor pictures. So that's your daughter? Wow! She's gorgeous. Looks like a model. Great to hear from you again!

Ana said...

Welcome back my dear friend. I just finished catching up with all the posts I've missed :-)...Such pretty pictures...Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Love the whale pics. And your daughter is beautiful. Hope you are doing well.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Angie said...

What amazing photo's all round. stunning! Miss you dearly!

Susan said...

Love the pictures of the whales and the village in the background.
Marissa looks like she is enjoying herself very much.
So happy you both got to come out for a visit this time around.
It was good for all of us to see you! :)
xoxo Sue

GoodyGirlRed said...

What a fun trip. I've always wanted to go whale watching, seems so peaceful. Great pictures!

troyjns said...

Beautiful blog. Loved the content. Thanks for sharing.

Troy

Kate said...

Oh WOW! Wonderful photography! I have never been whale watching. You got some great shots.

Brittany said...

I love the pics! Looks like you had a great time!

Helena said...

Awesome pics! Nature at its absolute finest. :)

Linda said...

Wonderful whale photos...looks like a great vacation!

EG Wow said...

I'm so glad you had such a great vacation visiting with family. The photo of your daughter is lovely!

HollyC said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Outdoor Wednesday. I love, love, love the whale pics! The one with just the tail is stunning! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.
~Holly

Slugyard said...

Wow- I've seen orcas before up close, but I've only seen other whales from the beach through binoculars. Great shots.