Google Translator

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bright Ideas

Do you look at rooms and just instinctively know what could or should be changed to make it "better"?  I wish I could say I always do, but I can't.  But, every once in a while it happens and one just such incident happened recently.  I was looking at a photo of my friend, Elizabeth's Home is Where the Heart Is, kitchen and I just knew if she made a change in her window treatments that the whole room would look more up to date and more attractive.  I made a comment to her and she wanted my ideas.  I sent her the photo mosaic below, I don't know where I found it, if it's yours please accept my apologies and let me know and I will post it, or if someone else knows.




Elizabeth loves lace and she sews beautifully, so I knew she could make these and she did.  Have a look at her version.



Aren't they lovely?  I think her dining room looks just right, now!  You did a beautiful job, Elizabeth, I just love your sweet little kitchen, it is so bright and pretty.

I hope your Monday is sunny and bright!




11 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

She really did a nice job! I admire people who can sew. I sure wish I could!

And I love that montage, Cindy.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Dear Cindy,
You are so sweet and such a kind person!!!.
Sending you hugs! and a big smile.
Elizabeth

Tammy said...

She did a great job! The lace really added charm to the space. Love her chandy too.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Very nice job on the curtains!
And the suggestion worked out perfectly!
Cindy

Riet said...

That looks so good. Very well done and such a good idea

Auntie Bliss said...

It looks wonderful! The pics you shared with her are so nice. Glad you stopped by to see me!

Tracey said...

How wonderful that you were able to help your friend out like that!! The new curtains look just perfect, so pretty!!!

Hugs ~

:) T

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Dropping back by to say, "hi" and to say, I wish you would instinctively tell me what color brown to paint our study! But you have to be in it to see what I mean. It is a tough nut to crack in terms of the light.

I painted one color that is now not working, and I have fabric that is simply a bear to match... but I love it and the design. I painted so many colors on the wall before I painted the room the color I don't like that at one point it looked like a rainbow of neutrals! ;-)

Hope you have a great weekend. Maybe I ought to go white. You think??? I do love yours and your friend's. White won't work in this space, though, because I want it to have a clubby, masculine look so Mr. Magpie will have a man cave (even though I use it more).

XO,

Sheila :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Pat said...

Cindy, Elizabeth's curtains turned out beautifully. You were so sweet to help her.

Ana said...

Hi Cindy,
Ms. Elizabeth's lace curtains did turn out just lovely...Oooo, and I love her choice in dining room chairs. They're beautiful! Hee, hee, hee, maybe I love them so much becasue they're just like mine :-) Anyways, I love it when a little change can make a huge difference in a room. You are a good friend for helping her out. Have a wonderful day my dear friend.


Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anonymous said...

Cynthia,
you really do have a talent for knowing how to make a place look so much more attractive. Sometimes just rearranging what is there. Or sometimes just adding a little. I am so thankful that Becky has a little of your talent. While they were here she took the stuff in my dining room and rearranged it so it looks very attractive. Same stuff, just rearranged. What a difference. Amazing.