Google Translator

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Re-post Sunday

Hello, my blogging friends, today I am joining Chari over at Happy to Design

So this is a reprint of a post that I made just over a year ago, not long after I had begun blogging.

It's all about the capitol city of Manitoba, our beautiful province here in Canada.

Welcome to the city of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.  Winnipeg was incorporated in 1873. There is a lot of beautiful architecture here. A great example are the Legislative Buildings. It sits on the shore of the Assiniboine River and is constructed of Manitoba Tyndall limestone. As well as being the capitol of Manitoba, it is also the largest city in Manitoba with a population of approximately 700,000 people.



This is the fountain that lays between the Legislative building and the river.





The whole front of the building at dark. Inside the architecture is breath taking, I won't bore you with the details, but it is worth seeing if you ever pass through this city.



Do you see the Golden Boy standing atop the dome?



Downtown Winnipeg


The Fort Garry Hotel and our beautiful flag!




Another view, I am told that Winnipeg was built in the middle of a natural forest.  So there are very large, old trees everywhere you look.


St. Vitel Cathedral, it burned down some years ago and only the shell remains, but it is very picturesque, don't you think?

Thank you to my dear husband for taking these pictures.

And thank you dear reader for taking the time to stop by and say hi, so be sure to leave me a comment.

Have a very happy Sunday!!!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Very nice photography :)

podso said...

I enjoyed the tour of Winnipeg!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Beautiful city! Thanks for the tour!

Katherine

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Cindy...

Welcome to Sunday Favorites, sweet lady!!! I am just tickled pink that you joined in with our little Sunday "post from the past" party!

Ohh...and what a wonderful post to revisit! I have never been to Winnipeg but would love to visit! It looks like such a grand city! I loved your photos...all that beautiful architecture against the dark blue sky...breathtakingly beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing beautiful Winnipeg with us for Sunday Favorites, my friend! It was such a pleasure to have you! Hope you'll join us again!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Natasha said...

Wow, what a great place to visit. There are so many wonderful places in America that I need to add to my list of places to see!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

What wonderful photos! looks like a fun city to visit!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Love the Photography! So interesting.

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Your husband took some lovely pictures, Cindy! Winnipeg looks like a beautiful city!
Hugs ~ Jo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Cindy... checking in with you to see what is up in your world. I am trying to rejoin the land of blogging if my computer server will only cooperate!

Loved seeing Winnepeg. What a lovely, lovely place! You got some great shots, and I am so glad you shared them with us.

And oh, that fountain! AMAZING!

XO,

Sheila :-)