Google Translator

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Old House Love

When you see an old house do you admire it and wonder what it looks like inside?  Or do you hold your breath and think about the stories that house could tell, if it could talk?  I LOVE old houses. 
This is a house that was found amongst some old family photos, I don't know who lived in it, but I sure wish I did.  It was most likely in Oklahoma, somewhere between Tulsa and Henryetta.  That is where my mother grew up and lived until she was about 18.


I have always wanted to have a porch like this one, running around the front of my house.  It has a very interesting roof on the porch, it looks like it's curved.  I could look and dream about this house all day.  If it's still around today, which I doubt, I hope someone has fixed it up and is taking good care of it.
There are a few lovely old homes in my neighborhood, a couple look a little like this one.  I would so love to see the interiors! 
Do you love old houses?

Have a beautiful weekend, my friends!

4 comments:

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Yes, I DO love old houses, and that one in particular is just wonderful. I agree with you that the porch is perfect. Let's move in!

Brittany said...

I LOOOVE old houses, and that one is a beauty!

Alison said...

I love old houses too. I would love them even more if I didn't live in one that happens to require more maintenance and money than I have available! But I'm hoping it's worth it. I sometimes lose perspective when all I can think about is the lengthy list of required repairs (most of which aren't happening anytime soon) But then a new visitor walks thru our door for the first time and is seduced by the unfailing charm of an old Victorian lady. And I fall a little bit back in love my own abode again.

Wendy said...

I do love that porch!