Google Translator

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

White Wednesday

Not wanting to get in a rut, I thought that I would join White Wednesday today instead of the outdoor memes.



Last January we gutted the kitchen in this 1927 cottage.  We had a kitchen company come in and add all new cabinets.  My hubby did all of the other work, such as installing a pine ceiling, cork floor, bead board on the walls and lots of plug ins.
I love color, but not in my kitchen.  I have a very simple, calming palette in the kitchen, it's mainly white.




I spend a whole lot of time in here, I love to cook and bake and I'm so thankful that I have a sweet husband who loves my cooking.  On the left is a vintage toaster, my neighbor gave me that, it was given to him by another neighbor to whom it had belonged since it was new, I believe.  It's a real treasure.




I can't have a kitchen photo without my beloved KitchenAid in it.  I enjoy the silver tray chalkboard, that I made, too.  To the left of the tray is a vintage cast iron corn mold, that's what I call it anyway.  If you know the correct name, be so kind as to tell me.


Well, there you have it, my white kitchen.  A simple palette and some much loved items.

Be sure to check out all of the white over at Faded Charm's White Wednesday meme.

Our weather has remained warm, in the upper 70's and mid 80's, but is meant to cool down next week.  I am LOVING it!

I must add that I am thanking God that the Chilean miners are being being safely rescued, at last.

Hugs,




18 comments:

Sandi said...

I love your kitchen Cindy! It looks amazing and I love white so that is even better! lol LOVE my kitchen aid too!!
Happy WW!

Nancy said...

Cindy,
I always enjoy seeing photos of your little cottage. Your mostly white kitchen is adorable! I like the beadboard and the cupboards. Actually, I like everything!

Hugs,
Nancy

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Cindy... LOVE that red wing crock and white enamelware bowl!! They look terrific in your kitchen!
Happy WW!
~ Jo :)

Marie said...

I love your kitchen Cindy. I'm glad you decided to join WW today.

BTW, I'm having a gift raffle. Hope you can stop by and enter to win some cutesy things. Stopping by from WW.
-marie

Biljana said...

Cindy,thanks for stopping by.
Your kitchen is so beautiful:))
Hugs, Biljana

Wendy said...

You have a very pretty and welcoming kitchen. :)

April @ HomeHinges.com said...

I love the bead-board backsplash. Gorgeous kitchen.

Susan said...

Your silver tray chalkboard is just 'too cute'. I too am thanking God that the Chilean miners are being being safely rescued!!

xoxo Sue

Carol said...

Cindy,
Your kitchen is beautiful. I am going to be your newest follower so I can enjoy your Sears Kit Home, too!
Thank you for your sweet comments and visit!

Carol said...

Cindy,
Your kitchen is beautiful. I am going to be your newest follower so I can enjoy your Sears Kit Home, too!
Thank you for your sweet comments and visit!

Carol said...

Cindy,
Your kitchen is beautiful. I am going to be your newest follower so I can enjoy your Sears Kit Home, too!
Thank you for your sweet comments and visit!

Carol said...

Cindy,
Your kitchen is beautiful. I am going to be your newest follower so I can enjoy your Sears Kit Home, too!
Thank you for your sweet comments and visit!

Lindy said...

Hi, Cindy. I love your kitchen. It looks so homey and fresh with the white. Love that Kitchen Aid, too! I want one!

Carol said...

Cindy,
Beautiful, beautiful. If I could find a way to follow, I would. Instead I'll bookmark you under favorites, if Blogger allows me to comment this time.

Carol said...

oops. I see I was allowed to comment before.
Blogger kept telling me I was not typing the proper characters for word recognition...

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Cindy,
Nice to meet another sister in Christ online. There are so many of us, it is wonderful!!
Your kitchen is so pretty. I just love anything white, it is so clean and fresh and pure. Lovely photos,
and your cottage sounds wonderful.
Blessings, and thanks for stopping by today with your sweet comments.
blessings, Nellie

Que Bella said...

I love your kitchen and all that bead board! Love the silver tray chalkboard too.

Rebecca said...

Your kitchen looks so inviting and warm-yet clean and refreshing-wonderful!