Google Translator

Monday, November 8, 2010

Mmmm...chocolate!

Have you ever made a Chocolate Cobbler?  I came upon this recipe last year at Cherry Hill Cottage, it is SO delicious!!!  But in order for it to turn out, you must follow the instructions carefully.  I have made it many times and it is always a winner!  Well...except for the time that I missed one of the steps, not sure what exactly went wrong, but it was horrid.  So be careful!





Here is the recipe, my friends.

Chocolate Cobbler

Melt 1/2 cup of margarine or butter in a 9x13 baking pan.

Mix together in a bowl;

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup of milk plus a smidgen

Pour this over the melted butter; DO NOT STIR, just drizzle the above over the butter.

In another bowl mix;

1 cup sugar
5 tbsp. cocoa

Now sprinkle this over the above mixture, again, DO NOT MIX into the ingredients already in the dish, just sprinkle.

Now add 2 cups of boiling water over the top of all of the above, DO NOT MIX, just pour over. 

Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 35-45 minutes.

Serve with vanilla icecream or whipping cream.  Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner!

Enjoy your day!

Hugs, Cindy



11 comments:

Ana said...

I'll be right over Cindy...Save me a piece...A BIG piece please :-)

Much love,
♥Ana

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Heavenly! Tina always has such great recipes. I just made Taco Soup which I got from her blog a few years ago.

Manuela

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, this is just YUMMY! I mean absolutely delicious, and it looks so perfect in your cute kitchen, Cindy! Pass the plates and forks! Or just hand me a spoon and let me at it. LOL!

And now, it looks like you have your wreath up on the window. FUN!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Caroline said...

Hm yummy,

one of my daughters is chocolate addikted ;-) I have to try that recipes.
First I have to look up the word smidgen .. never heard about something like that.

Greatings from Germany
Caroline

Tammy said...

Oh my! Chocolate is in the air. I just made a not so homemade pan of brownies from a box. Just commented on someone else's post about chocolate and now here's more. Yours looks divine! Are you and hubby going to eat that all by yourselves? If not, save me a piece!

Susan said...

Woah! Sounds like something I need to make for a crowd.It would be dangerous to just make it for myself! Have a nice day!!
xoxo Susan

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

That looks sooooo good!

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Oh my... I've missed a few posts... sorry. This chocolate cobbler looks absolutely DElicious, Cindy!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! Thanks for the little reminder on the chalkboard (in the above post)... hehe!
xoxo,
Jo :)

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

That chocolate cobbler looks so yummy! I saved the recipe and will try it.

bee said...

oh my gosh..i am a chocoholic and so want some of this !!!i hope Rhonda comes home soon and when she does for sure we will drive to winnipeg to visit you !!