Google Translator

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter Wonderland!

I am so happy that Winter is here.  It's so beautiful.







My daily walk takes me along the Red River, it already has ice on it.  I am going to try to take photos as time goes by, it will be interesting to document how long it takes for this large river to freeze over.  In the photos below you can see the ice forming already.  Click on the images to make them larger.












The wind was blowing so hard that I was having a difficult time keeping my hands steady, so I hope they are not blurry.

The forecast is calling for more snow tomorrow, it is only minus 3 Celsius right now, so it is perfect weather for another walk with my camera.





Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends and family.

Love and hugs, Cindy

7 comments:

RicKaren said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful winter wonderland pictures! I am hoping for some of that lovely stuff here before too long!

Nancy said...

Such beauty! As much as I'm scared of falling on the ice, the pretty snowy scenes you shared are really pretty. Wishing you a blessed week!

Hugs,
Nancy

Ana said...

Boy and I thought it was cold here...Burrr! Beautiful pictures Cindy. Love the snow. Keep warm my dear friend. Have a wonderful day.

Warm Hugs,
♥Ana

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Here I sit sweating in my kitchen and click onto this! Cools me off just looking at it! Gorgeous!

Donnie said...

Brrrrr...they are gorgeous photos. Right now we're in sunny Florida so I can say lovely because we don't have to drive in the snow. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Jaclyn said...

I love it! Now if you could just send some snow this way...:)

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

Oh, it looks so beautiful there. I would just loved to have been in your kitchen with all that yummy-looking bread and that chili you made!