Google Translator

Monday, December 6, 2010

~Christmas Past~


                                        Happy Monday, my friends!

Sometimes it's nice to look back and see what was.  When we lived in British Columbia, we lived in the Vancouver area and it seemed that the most likely time to get snow there was at Christmas time.  I can remember many times when the snow arrived just in time for Christmas and then was gone two very mushy days later.  I learned to live in the moment!  This was Christmas 2007.



We lived in a condominium which was surrounded by beautifully landscaped grounds.  The snow was so lovely on the Evergreens.





My mantle that year. Do you ever look back at past photos to see what you have done in the past?   I enjoy doing that.




This was from 2006.







This was how I decorated my mantel, yet another year, 2005, I think.

And now for something special, close up and the next two are further away.











I'll leave you with my "Snow on the Mountains"  photos.  The mountain view from our living room window was the best thing about living in a condo, most of the people who lived on ground floors or houses never did get to see this.   
It is still snowing very lightly here on the prairies, it's not enough to cover the roads, just enough to be beautiful!  We may not have the mountain views, but there are many wonderful reasons to love it here.

I am joining in with Christmas with Victoria, please go over to A Delightsome Life and see the lovelies there.  It is a wonderful little meme.  Aren't all of the Christmas decorating parties fun?!?  I am loving them, I hope you are, too.

I hope you are enjoying a beautiful Monday, too.  Take care 'til next time.

Hugs, Cindy





13 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

It is fun to look back on Christmases past isn't it? Especially the decor and the gifts and the children - how they change over the years. I hope you are enjoying your Christmas preparations. It's such a busy time!
Blessings,
Pamela

Jenifer said...

Great pics. I love looking at pictures. It always brings such beautiful memories.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Oh girl! I'd be reliving that too! The snow covered court yard looks like a Christmas card! Gorgeous! What a sweet moment captured on camera with your daughter and grand. You are blessed with so many wonderful children and grands! And I'm loving your Christmas blog layout. The header is stunning. One of the prettiest mantels I've seen around.

Alison said...

I love looking over past Christmas photos...so fun to relive the precious moments over and over again.

Shabby soul said...

Darling Cindy is always a pleasure pass to visit your blog! Good new week!
Silvia

Terri said...

Christmas past, what a lovely thing to remember..
Your photo of your two young ladies is so sweet.
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
I love your photos! Your view of the mountains is breath-taking! My son and little family live in Surrey and they have a fireplace almost identical to yours. The snow on the trees is very pretty but I must admit that I'd rather look at it than have to live with it which we do living in PEI. Thanks for sharing and for your visit. I am your newest follower.

Christmas Blessings,
Sandi

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Oh my! Just when I thought it couldn't be any prettier you added those roof top pics! Breathtaking!

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Oh, how so beautiful!! Our condo that we plan on moving to has no beautiful views! We are supposed to close on the 15th. We are downsizing---we will see if we like it! NOT SURE!!! So I can paint the walls whatever I like. I don't know if I can live with tanish walls---I had those at one time , but I think I need something more lively. I do like the color of the walls in your old condo.

Nancy said...

Hello sweet Cindy!
I really enjoyed your pictures! It was fun seeing how you've decorated over the years. And I really loved seeing those outdoor pictures. Wow! Talk about beautiful!

Thanks for sharing and have a great Wednesday!

Hugs,
Nancy

Chatelaine said...

Magical snow photos! I love the lighting.

It's fun to look at decorations from Christmas past. It's like visiting old friends.

Susan said...

I love your new mantel decorations!
It is fun to look at past pictures of what you have done. Beautiful. I miss your living close!
Don't you miss seeing those mountains?! They are breathtaking. I am so glad that I can see mountains out of every window in my home. Love you, xoxo Sue

Ana said...

Oh Cindy, these pictures are breathtaking. I dream of a white Christmas every year. Loved looking back at your past Christmas decorating.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana