Google Translator

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Daughter's Christmas Vignettes

Hello my friends, I hope you are enjoying your Thursday.  Here it is colder than it has been, but the sun is shining brightly.  It's so beautiful outside!

I am joining Rhoda for her Vignette Party, over at Southern Hospitality.
I am going to show you my daughter, Carolyns' vignettes.  You have seen most of what I have done for Christmas, but I received these photos yesterday and I love them.
Carolyn is a busy mom and home school er.  She loves her home.  They purchased it about a year ago and her love for it shows in everything that she does.  She is a "less is more" decorator and it suits their pretty little 1960's bungalow perfectly.






...in her kitchen...


...and in her living room...



Our styles are much the same, but I am a "more is more" person. 
That's what makes each of us unique, our style, our collections, our music, it's a good thing.

Be sure to hop over to Rhoda's blog, there's more eye-candy there than you will ever find in a magazine and this is free!

Love and hugs,

Cindy

16 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your daughter's style. She has beautiful taste. I love the less is more style, because what you do really speaks as opposed to being lost in all the "noise". I need to take some pictures here. But first I need to "fix" the tree that the kids decorated hehe

Jenifer said...

Oh it all looks so beautiful! Thanks for sharing all your pics.

RicKaren said...

Love your daughter's simple style. I am a little the same way. I think part comes from being a busy homeschooling mom. Still, we do take pride in our homes, like you said.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

How pretty! You taught her well!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Stopping by from the vignette party! :) Your daughter has such pretty vignettes! I love the framed initial... such a cute idea!!

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greet said...

Hello Cindy,
Loved your daughter's Christmas vignette! And I want to wish you a wonderful winter weekend!
Kisses!
Greet

Shabby soul said...

Darling Cindy what gorgeous images!
I think as your daughter that less is more, even if not always I'm able to do this way and I slip to too much...
Have nice days!
Silvia

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Cindy, and thank you so much for visiting me at my blog... your daughter's vignettes are so pretty! I love the red wreath on the mirror and how pretty the mantel looks especially... I am like you... more is more!!!... xoxo Julie Marie

nannykim said...

thanks for sharing this--I like the way she hangs her drapes, also!

E W McCall said...

so adorable!! thanks for telling me about it! her kids will have such warm and blessed memories! :)

Kathy said...

This is just perfect! Love the touches and the sparkle it brings! I appreciate you joining me at Christmas with Victoria this week - thank you for sharing these special Christmas decorations,
Kathy

Pat said...

Beautiful vignettes, Cindy. I enjoyed this so much!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
You are just the sweetest friend xo!!!
Looks like Carolyn took after her Mom! her taste is charming and welcoming. Everything is so pretty!..
Cindy we almost have the same off white couch. Mine has square arms and yours has round..LOL
My couch has removable/washable slip cover and cushion covers..I just washed and freshen it up over the weekend. The duck cotton fabric washes so well, I love it.
I am sewing a red table runner with two ruffles on the end.. it should be done soon. Have you been sewing?.
Have a sweet day and big hugs,
Elizabeth

Ana said...

I see your daughter got your decorating gene :-) Everything looks beautiful...Love, love, love the vignette in her kitchen.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

lauren@WESTFURNITUREREVIVAL said...

love the landscape pictures you have an eye for photography. thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog..
lauren