Google Translator

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday

Hello my friends!!! I have a new-to-me computer now, so I shall be able to blog much more easily.

Did you have a good Christmas?  I did, it was different, but very fun.


I am joining "Outdoor Wednesday" again today and I am going to show you what little I did for outdoor Christmas decor.

Snowfall 020

Snowfall 017

I hope to do more next year, we have a couple of bushes in the front that would look nice covered in lights, so I am going to look for some on an after Christmas sale.  I also need to find a nice bow for the greenery around the door, to replace what I have up there now.

Christmas and Regina 2010 006

Christmas and Regina 2010 013

 

These two photos were taken in Regina.  The first one is the old Radisson Plaza Hotel, a stately and still very beautiful place to stay.  The rooms are gorgeous!  The second one is the Saskatchewan Legislative Buildings in Christmas lights.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to doing something special for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.  We will be going to a special service at  our church, but we won’t be staying late, which I am looking forward to.  I have found in the last year or so that the new year comes in just fine even when I don’t stay up to see it in.  I think my age is showing.:~)

                          Hugs, Cindy

13 comments:

rosarod said...

Hi Cindy, I hope you spend a happy new year! Our Lord fill you with good health for you and your whole entire family. and all the desires of your heart will be granted! I live in a tropical country so I do not see snow unless you are traveling. When did I see your ticket and photos of a white Christmas I look beautiful! also photos of the hotels and their beautiful Christmas decorations with that combination of colors look expectacular! I'll tell you that my husband and I thought to visit the church on December 31. until 10.00 pm and then be with family. Cindy I hope that this day God's peace fill your home and your church and every place that inhabit all. blessings, Rose Marie

Donnie said...

Loved all your photos. Those buildings are gorgeous. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Jenifer said...

As always, beautiful pics! Glad your Christmas was a good one. Blessings!

Shabby soul said...

Darling Cindy thank you for your sweet comments!
Your pics are also gorgeous! You live in a nice place!
I like how you decorate your window.
Big hug! Have a nice day
Silvia

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Cindy, I LOVE the way you decorated your window box and front door... simple and elegant... just beautiful! The snow from Mother Nature is the perfect added touch! :)
I also want to thank you for your sweet, sweet comment, Cindy. The way you feel about my decorating style is the way I feel about your charming vintage home. I just adore all of the character it has. No matter how much decorating I do, I will never be able to achieve the charm that comes with an older home. :)
I've so enjoyed getting to know you in 2010 and look forward to getting to know you even better in 2011! I wish you lots of love, joy, and good health in the new year, my friend!
xoxo,
Jo :)

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Lovely decorations, Cindy - both yours and the city's! Like you, I find no need to stay up and ring in the New Year. I've found it "rings in" just fine without me. ;) Thanks for visiting my cottage and for your sweet comment.

Please be sure to come by and enter my fantastic year-end giveaway. Click the picture in my sidebar for details.

By the way, I just joined you as a follower.

Blessings and Happy New Year!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

I like the decor at the front door...very festive, but natural. Happy New Year!

Millie said...

I am happy you have another computer as I know the old one was giving you grief! Hope to see you soon!

Riet said...

LOvely decorations Cindy. Happy New Year

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Beautiful shots! I love the window box decorations

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

The scattering of snow on your gorgeous window box adds the perfect festive final touch, don't you think?!

Your outside decorations are gorgeously lovely! I'm your new Follower!

Happy New Year (all tucked up in bed!!),

Sarahx

Nancy said...

Hi Cindy!

I'm so glad you had a great Christmas! The new-to-you computer is going to be great for you to have.

I've really enjoyed knowing you this year and look forward to being your blogging buddy for a long time. You're a very nice lady and a sweet friend! God Bless you!

Hugs,Nancy

Eden said...

Beautiful photos and decorations.

Happy New Year.