Google Translator

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Merry Christmas to all...



Hello my dear friends! The big day is almost upon us, I hope this finds you well and not stuck in an airport somewhere, like so many, or just stuck in the snow!

We celebrated our family Christmas last Saturday with our son and his sweet family. I had just begun to set the table when I took this...I didn't think to take one when I was finished.



Here is Jonathan with his gift from grandpa and I. He and his sister each received a camera. They were over the top thrilled with them. It's obviously after dinner, because he is still wearing the crown from his Christmas Cracker. Do you have Christmas Crackers? They have become a tradition with us. First you pull them apart with a loud pop and each one has a joke, a toy and a crown in it.



These next three photos are vintage cards that have been in our family since the late 1930's. I found them in a scrap book that used to belong to my mother. It came to me about 17 years ago after she had passed away.






The gate on the one above opens.





Aren't they darling? They are some of my favorite Christmas decorations.



I made a banner with four pieces of cardboard and some letters that I had and had never used. I strung them on a piece of jute string and then hung the vintage cards in between them. Pretty creative for me! I don't do many crafts of any kind, I try, but they just don't work out. I did do one though, that my friend Ana from A Petite Cottage sent me the tutorial for and it turned out fairly well. It's a sweet little star that I made out of vintage sheet music, out of an old music book that I found at GW for next to nothing.




I had a visit from my friend Millie at A Wreathmaker and I gave it to her.
She gave me a beautiful little white jug! I love it, it is the sweetest little thing ever! I stuck some greenery in it and put a bow around it, I love it! Thanks so much dear Millie. Your visit was such a blessing to me. You should go and take a look at her blog, she has the prettiest dishware and puts together beautiful vignettes.




Do you see the little polk-a-dots on the finish of it? It is just delightful!!

Have a wonderful Christmas my friends. I pray that you will love, laugh and make some sweet, lasting memories with your loved ones.

A merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Love and hugs,

Cindy

22 comments:

RicKaren said...

Merry Christmas! I enjoy your blog all year and loved your Christmas post--especially love that white pitcher!

Pamela Gordon said...

What fun you must have had at your family gathering! We always do Christmas crackers and grew up doing them at home - a very English tradition! I like your vintage cards and your banner. I'm not overly crafty these days either but I love to decorate ;-) I hope you have a very happy and blessed Christmas!
Pamela

rosarod said...

Hello dear, your table is very well placed, and perhaps see snow, but being this a tropical country that does not happen. Anyway we are in the most beautiful season of the year, which brings us beautiful and fond memories, like your postcards or Christmas cards that I find so beautiful, I imagine will be for you a pleasant memory as you say. That peace a happy Christmas, that our Lord brings blessings to you and your family, and so it all your heart desires are fulfilled! Hugs, Rose Marie

Pauline said...

Such a lovely post :o) I really like those vintage cards. Have a very Happy Christmas with your loved ones, dear Cindy. God bless you all.
Hugs

Carolyn said...

Hi Cindy,
I love the pitcher and the star! Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas already with family.

Christmas Blessings to you and yours,

Carolyn

Wendy said...

I have to admit I never really knew what those Christmas crackers were. They sound very neat. I bet my kids would love them. I love your NOEL letters, and those vintage cards are so special. What a treasure from the past.
Love the star that you made, it's very sweet! And so is the white jug.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

bee said...

i loved the star..it reminded me of the many that we saw in ohio while at ryan and heathers wedding !!the Christmas cards are so beautiful and full of memories..i loved the craft it looks wonderful..nice work you do a fabulous job at making lasting memories !!Merry Christmas !!it's brenda(rhonda's sister) ..(i can't seem to leave messages easily)

Sharon said...

Merry Christmas! I love your blog and all the great pics! That pitcher is gorgeous!!!

Greet said...

Dear Cindy,
I so enjoy this and all of your posts! I have to say that every post radiates so much warmth!! I really love this!
Cindy, the vintage cards are treasures!!! Really!!!
And Jonathan looks so happy with his camera!
I do feel that you have such a good relationship with your children and grandchildren! So nice to see!
Cindy, I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Oh no, the snow here didn't change our holiday plans. On Christmas Eve we are all at our mum's house and on New Year's Eve we are at home with Anthony, Nele, Tom, Alex and Tristan! I am looking forward yet!!
A big hug,
Greet

Gail said...

Oh Cindy you are crafty! You did an awesome job on the star. I love your pitcher and all your festive Christmas decor. Thanks for sharing your home at Christmas.

Wishing you and your family all the happy things this very special holiday brings.

Gail

Carolyn S. said...

I just bought some Christmas crackers....when I was at home still I remember always being the one reminding you to buy them for Christmas dinner. I think Grandma and Grandpa started that tradition...=O) Love you,

Your Eldest daughter

Betty said...

Lovely table setting Cindy. The embroidered tablecloth is beautiful. I love the star and the sweet old style cards. Thankyou for your lovely posts full of warmth and colour. I'm so happy to have found your blog and wish you and your loved ones a wonderful Christmas.
Betty

Morning T said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family Cindy! Your home looks beautifully prepared for the festivities.
Hugs~
T

Laura said...

Hello Cindy! I adore your blog,it seems to me that reading it today for the first time is the very Christmas present for me! I'll be your newest follower as soon as my Blackberry will allow me to do it!
Have a bright and blessed christmas.
Laura@RicevereconStile

Deb said...

I just love your star Cindy...it turned out great! Merry Christmas to you and your family! ~Deb~

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Everything looks perfect! Merry Christmas !

Secret Garden Cottage said...

All of your Chrstmas decorations look so pretty, Cindy, and your grandson is adorable! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you and your family!!
Hugs,
Jo :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, my sweet friend, Cindy!

I have been missing lately (have been sick among other things), but I couldn't let this day dawn without dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas. This is the first chance I have had to blog in a month, and I had to come by and tell you that I hope your Christmas is both Merry and Bright... looks like it has started out with a bang! Your little guy there looks so happy with his camera! And your decorations are smashing! GREAT JOB!

Sending you much love on this, the Lord's birthday, and throughout the New Year to come.

Love you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Shabby soul said...

Darling Cindy, lately but with the heart, I wish you wonderful days with your family and all people you love!
Your home is so warm and welcoming...
A big big hug my friend!
Silvia

Josefa Lunares said...

Holla Cindy wanted to ask the blog has removed the option of google translator? is that I thought I had installed, however you put it? gustareia you understand what I explain in your blog. Thanks.

Ana said...

Dear Cindy,
Your music sheet star turned out awesome and that white pitcher is just beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration my dear friend...Thank you soooo very much for your very sweet and beautiful Christmas card. I did get it before Christmas. Thank you. Wishing you a wonderful day.

Much love,
♥Ana

Special K said...

Oh dear Aunt Cindy.. Yes I am a bit late - a month to be exact! I have many sweet memories of sharing Christmas with you and yours when we lived closer. Delicious aroma walking into your house with turkey in the oven, freshly ground coffee and laughter in the air. I love how you take the time to make it a special occasion and carry family traditions. I remember those Christmas Crackers... specifically from a picture we had of a Christmas taken in FSJ. Alesia and myself were about 4yrs old, standing in the kitchen and there was Grampa, Gramma, Uncle Jim and the others all sitting around the table with those crowns on. =) Looking silly of course!

Thanks for sharing your Christmastime with us again!

Big hugs ~ xoxo