Google Translator

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Projects of 2010

This will be the last post that I do this year, be prepared, it is going to be a lengthy one.  Not because I have done a whole lot of projects, but rather because we did a couple of BIG projects.  Here we go.

Back in January we started on the kitchen.   We tore out everything and started from scratch.  We had a kitchen designer/cabinet builder come in and he completely renovated our 1950's homemade, inefficient kitchen.  He turned this ugly duckling into a beautiful swan!

BEFORE PHOTOS



We closed in a doorway in the photo above and tore out a false beam in photo below.




AFTER


My husband and I put the new pine ceiling in.




The eating area is adjacent to the kitchen, see how this wall has changed.
This was my cabinet maker's idea and I love it.






Our second project was outside.  We had a large, empty, very muddy, unused area, between the house and the garage that we made into a patio.  My husband did all of the work himself.  One of our neighbors gave us the cement blocks, so the cost of the patio was cut down considerably.  Then together we repainted our little garage.

Before




After




 Before




After



Here you get a better idea of what we did.






Let me say that this is not what it looks like now.  We have nearly a foot of snow on the ground, and sadly nothing is green.  I forgot how pretty everything was this last summer.

I am joining Rhoda over at Southern Hospitality for her Top Projects of 2010. Thank you, dear Rhoda!

Happy New Year and all the best to all of you.  Thank you for your support over this last year.  My readers, who have become friends, are what makes blogging so much fun.  I love you all!!!

Love and hugs, 

Cindy


20 comments:

Rhonda said...

really pretty pictures~ you certainly had a good kitchen designer, it looks so pretty but it also looks very use-able, not sure if that is a real word.
I really like all the glass doors so you can see the pretty things inside.

Cute little helper in your patio before pictures too.

Jenifer said...

You did some fabulous projects! Your home is so lovely.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

All your projects came out wonderful, Cindy! Your kitchen looks like a dream kitchen. I love your little helper -- he looks so earnest sweeping up outside!

Have a very happy 2011 full of many new blessings!

Shabby soul said...

Darling Cindy, you've worked so much!!
But what a change: All looks really pretty!!
Darling friend, it's a pleasure to have known you.
For this New Year I wish you love, peace and health!
Have a good day
Silvia

Susan in SC said...

I happened on your blog from Rhonda's blog. Oh my goodness! Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful. I showed your blog to my husband when he got home tonight and told him that's what I wanted. I love the glass doors on the cabinets above the kitchen cabinets! Lucky you!! And, your little helper is so sweet!

Nancy said...

Cindy,
I want your kitchen! In fact, I'd take your entire sweet little cottage. I'm bad! I'm coveting your home! But you did such a fantastic job with the kitchen remodel (and the outside, too). You decorate the way I love and hopefully when we are in an actual house, I can start fixing it up cute like that. Wanna come to Iowa to help??

Have a great new year!

Hugs,
Nancy

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Amazing projects! The transformation of that kitchen is astounding!!

Amy

Mary Ellen said...

Wow Great Projects!! The kitchen dining came out so pretty. Love the built in looking buffet with the window at the top. The outside is great too and bet you spend tons of time there in warmer weather which is not what it is here at the moment!!

Deb said...

I just love your kitchen Cindy...it inspires me to get ours started! Happy New Year to you! hugs...Deb

Betty said...

You certainly completed two large projects this year! You must feel very satisfied. Lovely kitchen and I think the outside paved area looks very relaxing with a pretty garden and garage bordering it. Tonight, new year's eve, it's 10.15pm and I am sitting here at the computer sweltering.....It's probably difficult for you to imagine that! Today the max temp. was 41 degrees celcius. Thankfully, cooler tomorrow top 25.
Warm wishes for a happy healthy year ahead.
Betty

Stephanie said...

You're kitchen renovation came out great! Such an amazing transformation :)

Diane said...

Cindy, thank you for visiting my blog today and for your nice comments about our bathroom re-do. Your kitchen remodel is FABULOUS!!!! It's so updated but still has a vintage, warm, country welcoming feel to it!! BEAUTIFUL!
Diane

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Cindy....goodness these makeovers are awesome!!

Thanks for visiting and Happy New Year!!

Linda said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments! I have really enjoyed my visit to yours as well...your projects are wonderful and inspiring! We are just about to paint our taupe colored cabinets white, and are adding a bead board backsplash, too, so it was fun to see yours completed! I'm looking forward to reading more...I am a new follower!

bj said...

OMYLORDY...both projects just blew my sox right off my feet. AMAZING is too light a word...how about MAGNIFICENT.
Your kitchen and dining area is to die for. What a difference. Ya'll did sooo good.

That outside....it is just fantastic. I have to say that I especially LOVE your little helper in those 2 photos. :)))

Wonderful jobs. So pretty.
HAPPY NEW YEAR...XO bj

Pam said...

What a gorgeous kitchen remodel. I like how it is modern, but still looks like it fits in your home. Those single lights hanging from the ceiling are very pretty.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love how your kitchen turned out. I so need to redo my kitchen. And your yard looks fabulous.

Ana said...

Oh Cindy,
I just love, love, love your kitchen. I told you that after all the dust and disorder you went through it would all be worth it in the end. ;-) It turned out gorgeous... And your patio turned out very nice too. I wonder what new projects await you this year?

Hugs,
♥Ana

Creative Escapes said...

Your Kitchen is beautiful! I found you over at Debbie Doo's Party! I am your newest follower!

http://mycreativeescapes.blogspot.com/

Carrie

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Here I found the Before of the Kitchen. Yes, quite the difference. I love your countertops! What kind of stone is that? You did a beautiful job of redoing this kitchen.