Google Translator

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Brand New Year!

Happy first day of the year to you!
Did you do something enjoyable yesterday?  We did, we went to our New Years Eve service and my hubby preached,  I always enjoy his preaching.  Then we hung out with our friends and had soup and finger foods.  I went to sleep just before midnight, only to be awakened by some excited neighbors outside shouting "Happy New Year"!  I should have gone out and celebrated with them.[: 

I woke up this morning with a terrific sinus headache and was craving a really good breakfast, so my sweet hubby took me out for breakfast.  It was a beautiful day, so we took our camera along and after breakfast we went for a drive around our fair city.

This is one of the photos that my hubby  took, he played around with it on his new Apple computer and now it looks like this.


It's a restaurant that is actually sitting on a bridge that crosses the Red River.  The black and white photo makes it look colder than what it really is.  It's only -15 C.  It was -20 C just a day ago, so it's warming up.



Our beautiful Legislative Building.




The Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba lives here.  It was built in 1883.  Do you see all of the snowmen lined up on the lawn?  Aren't they cute?  He must have been holding a luncheon today, because there were lots of cars around.  I would love to get inside there and take photos!

Have a lovely weekend my friends.
Hugs,

Cindy

15 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Cindy, Happy New Year! Great pictures of your capital city. I love the snowmen! Most of the Lieutenant Govenors hold New Year Levees for the public to visit. I have never attended one have you? We rang in the new year with several couples and made a lot of noise outside, maybe that was us you heard. lol
Have a blessed 2011!
Blessings,
Pamela

Gail said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day to start the New Year!

Gail

Susan in SC said...

What beautiful pictures! I hope your sinus problems soon go away. Happy New Year and I hope you have a blessed 2011!

Rhonda said...

hi Cindy, it looks c-o-l-d in your pretty town.
your photos are beautiful, I think your town should you and your hubby in their PR dept. :)

Jane said...

What a wonderful day! You live in a beautiful city.
Happy New Year!
Jane

Millie said...

I think the gov. gen holds a levee on New Years Day...you could probably have gone in and shaken his hand!

Carol said...

Cindy,
Your pictures are beautiful, but your header???! Your header is absolutely stunning! I've got to go back and gaze upon it again.
Happy New Year!

Ana said...

Happy New Year Cindy! May this brand new year be filled with many wonderful blessings for you and yours. Wishing you always all the very best my dear and sweet friend.

Much love to you,
♥Ana

Wendy said...

I love how you think it's warming up hehe. :)
Beautiful photos. I've never seen that house where the governor lives. Does he have to move out when he's no longer governor? Or is that his own house? Just curious.
Miss you

Passionate for White said...

Hi, I just today came across your blog and am happy to be one of your newest followers. I look forward to going through your older as well as future posts. You have very nice taste!

Mildred said...

So nice of you to visit with me and I love your blog Cindy. Lovely photos! We rarely get snow in the southern U.S. but we had a white Christmas this year. All the best in 2011!

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy new year to you! I hope your head feels better :)

I was in Winnipeg three weeks ago and had a great walk around the Forks.

Greet said...

My dearest friend,
First of all my wishes to you and your family for a splendid 2011!!
Your pictures are beautiful! Breathtaking! Oh the snowmen on line are so cute!!
I am looking forward what this new blog year is up to!!
A big hug,
Greet

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Hello sweet Cindy! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful New Year's Eve. You know how much I love old architecture. These buildings are just beautiful, and you gotta love those snowmen! :)
Wishing you and your family all the best in 2011, my friend! Cheers to 2011!
Hugs,
Jo :)

Marissa "Marathon" Stower said...

What a sweet husband you have, Mom! Beautiful pictures (as usual): looks and sounds like a perfect way to kick off a fabulous new year.

Love you!