Google Translator

Friday, January 28, 2011

Country Kitchens

 Hello from snowy Winterpeg, that is what folks on the rainy, soggy, cloudy, dark West Coast call  Winnipeg.  We got about seven inches of snow overnight and it is still falling very hard.  It's only minus five Celsius, but it's meant to go to minus 27 Celsius tomorrow.  Towns just south of us are getting freezing rain, but it has missed us, thank the Lord!!!

If you get emails from Country Woman, you will have seen this very countrified kitchen.  I think it is so very charming.

Barbara McCollum and her husband built their log home themselves and Barbara designed the kitchen around her prized collection of rolling pins, of which she has 78!



She incorporated her red granite ware into her kitchen color scheme.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I love granite ware.


She also collects the white granite ware as well as vintage jars.  



What could be more country than a vintage wagon wheel with vintage jar lights?



That is one darling country kitchen.  See the flooring?  It appears to be flag stone.  To read more about it go here.

Or how about this one that I found over at House of Turquoise?  More of a modern country look.  I am loving the turquoise that I am seeing everywhere in Blog Land.


I'm so glad to see that Country is cool again.
 I love both of the kitchens that I have shown you today,  they both speak of "home".

Thanks so much to all of you for your very sweet comments on my Wednesday photo posts, they have been overwhelmingly positive and I appreciate them so much.  My husband took most of them and he reads my blog and all of the comments and he appreciates them, too.  So...last but not least Happy Birthday to my dear hubby.  I made whole wheat cinnamon buns, from scratch, for breakfast and he went for a long walk in the snow with me today, this is a special day for a very special man!


Have a great weekend,



20 comments:

Millie said...

Good for you...taking a walk in this weather..my hubby has been out raking the roof.
Love those rolling pins..I always thought I would like to collect them too.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Loved seeing these, Cindy. I'm a big fan of turquoise, and I love those cabinets in the second kitchen. The lamps, too, and I think the ball jars are clever in the first.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Marissa "Marathon" Stower said...

What beautiful homes. And what a lucky man Da is to have you for his lady! I heard the cinnamon buns were delicious. Try not to get snowed in today, stay inside where it's cozy and warm!

Love you!
Marissa

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I love Modern Country! Did you guess?! It never goes out of fashion in my book. There's always some new twist on the classic country look.

I love the kitchens you've shown here but particularly the House of Turquoise one.

I hope you have a lovely weekend, with your special man. Too cute!

Sarahx

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Oooh, how funny. I was just typing my comment and a comment came in from you. We were on each other's blogs at the same time. Now ypu *know* you're my favourite!!

Sxx

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! What great kitchens you've shown. I could get lost looking at all the goodies in these. How sweet taking a walk with your hubby and in the snow! I know it must be beautiful but cold! :) Those cinnamon rolls sound so delicious!
Thanks for your sweet words to me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

nannykim said...

I love the turquoise too! Tell your hubby, Happy B day from all of us bloggers. PS. My daughter will be induced Tues or Thursday, depending on different stuff. She is already ten days late!

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the white and turquoise kitchen as I am planning on a white kitchen makeover for us so am always looking at cupboards and countertops. Your walk in the snow and homemeade cinnamon buns on your hubby's birthday sounds perfect. Enjoy the rest of the day and weekend! Pam

rosarod said...

Hi Cindy, I loved your photos of country kitchens. Sometimes I incorporate my country kitchen little details like chickens. "Congratulations to your dear husband want our God to give many more years! Greetings, Rose Marie

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Hi there Cindy-

I like both the examples of country kitchens that inspire you. From the looks of them (both gorgeous kitchens) I get the distinct impression that you like some natural wood!

have a great weekend
Pat

Carolyn said...

Hi Cindy,
Your walk in the snow with your husband and then some homemade cinnamon rolls sounds like a great way to enjoy the day.

Have a good weekend,
Carolyn

Tammy@beatrice banks said...

Wow! You are having some really cold weather. It was 66 degrees here this afternoon! I love the second kitchen. The blue cabinets are fabulous.
Stay warm!

Manuela@TPOH said...

BRrrr! Hate to tell you this but...it was in the 60's today!! I have on short sleeves and I've been outside gardening all day :)

Both kitchens have elements that I really like!

Manuela

Linda said...

So nice you could have a fun birthday day with your husband! Great inspiration photos!

Greet said...

Hi Cindy,
I love country kitchens a lot, but I have to say that your cottage kichen is so much more beautiful and cozy than all of these!!
I wish you a nice Sunday my friend!
xx
Greet

Pat said...

I enjoyed seeing these country kitchen, Cindy. The second photo sort of reminds me of the cooking area of our kitchen at the farm.

We are getting ice and snow this week. Still snow on the ground and an additional amount up to 18 inches predicted. We don't have winters like this every year. They are saying it will be a combination of the ice storm of 2006 and the blizzard of 1982. We are stocking up and preparing for loss of power!

Shabby soul said...

Darling Cindy, what a joy to here you!
I like to read your comments and think I've a friend so far on the other side of the world!
Here in Italy days are becoming longer, but cold is still too much for me...
I'm projecting many things to do in my home and garden. I'm painting and sawing a lot...
Have a nice day darling
Silvia

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Just for the record, my favourite lovely, you *never* have to ask permission to feature anything of mine!!! You're so kind to even have considered it. Thank you. xx

Pauline said...

Dear Cindy, I have to confess that I prefer the modern country style. I had a dark kitchen for over 15 years. My current kitchen is small but quite bright. You're having some serious weather there, we had frost last night. It all looks pretty but roll on spring, lol.
God bless you.
Hugs

Kitchens said...

Nice. But Not much well. It does looks like chaotic kitchen due to contrast color of cabinets and flooring color like blue with white. What was the combination!