Google Translator

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Stylish Blogger

Hello my blogger friends,
Karen over at Pink Parsonage has awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award.  I am honored Karen, thanks so much.  Go check out Karen's blog, she has a lovely family and her little parsonage is so pretty.




I have to tell you seven things about myself.  If you have been reading my blog for long you probably know most of these things, but I am so very thrilled to say that I have several new readers and they don't possibly know much about me, so for them this may be new and interesting, I hope.

1.  I love God first and foremost, He is my joy and my strength, every day. 
2. I very strongly believe in the power of prayer.

3.  I love being a wife and I have been blessed with a very sweet and kind husband.  I am so grateful that God gave me a second chance.


4. I love being a mother and grandmother.  They are the "cherry on top" of life.  I have two children, boy and girl, of my own and two children of my heart, my step-daughters.  And I am blessed to say that I have a great relationship with all four of them and the two married one's spouses, as well.  I have four grand-children, two boys and two girls.






5. Home is my favorite place to be.  And I love decorating and keeping my home.



6.  My friends are very important to me and relationships with them are paramount.  That's why I love blogging, I have been able to build friendships with a few ladies and that means a lot to me.

7.  Cooking is one of my favorite things to do, my new kitchen that I enjoy so much, is a working kitchen.  I cook in it every day and bake quite a lot.


I think I deserve a bonus one here, I LOVE dark chocolate.
 
 I hope I haven't bored you to death!
Lately I have been trying to add all of my regular commenter's to my blog list.  They are all Stylish Blogger, in my opinion, but because so many people state that their blog is award free, I will just say that you are all very stylish and I love visiting your blogs.  If you visit me and leave a comment, I will visit you back. 

Have a beautiful day, my friends.  It is still snowing lightly here and the temps are mild, so I will be going for a walk soon.

Hugs, 
Cindy








    

17 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

You are a beautiful person inside and out. All of the things on your list shine through. If anyone has read your blog for any length of time, they already knew all of that about you. That's what I call a genuine person! Love you much my friend!

Shabby soul said...

Hallo darling Cindy, I'm here to visit you again, my friend! Read your post, and read your comments, is always a pleasure: it makes better my days!
A very big hug
Silvia

The Quintessential Magpie said...

And you are a stylish blogger, my friend! Congrats on your award, Cindy. Loved reading your answers, and they show what a great person you are. I'm so glad we've met in this wide world of blogging, and I consider myself blessed to know you.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Cindy, I so enjoy visiting you and have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog. I would like to think that if I ever have a chance to visit your hometown I'd be able to drop in for a visit with you in your beautiful kitchen and enjoy a cup of tea and some of that beautiful bread in your picture :-) Have a blessed day.
Pamela

Susan said...

Cindy
I am proud to call you my sister and best friend!
xoxo Sue

Susan in SC said...

You so deserve the award! I love your blog!

Gail said...

My Dear Cindy,
Reading this post tonight only confirms my blogging 1st impression, you are truly a beautiful person. I am so glad we have met through blogging.

Blessings my friend,
Gail

Teena in Toronto said...

Congrats!

Carol said...

Cindy,
Congrats on the award! I already knew you were a stylish blogger, though!
Not only do I love the 7 (8) things you told us about yourself, I can relate to them all as well. Wonderful!

Libbie said...

A walk in the falling snow! Sounds FABULOUS! We have a lot of snow here but it is also freezing so we are enjoying the snow through our windows :) Congrats on your award! I saw you got the award on someone's sidebar so I had to take a peek at the stylish blogger...she's right! You sure are! :)

Teresa said...

I love your list, Cindy. Your priorities are right on target and I can tell we have much in common from a love for the Lord to a love for dark chocolate! Home is my favorite place to be as well, and I can tell your family is a precious one. Congratulations on your award - I can just smell the bread coming from your very stylish kitchen!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

It's really mice to get to know more about you. See the *real* you behind the writing!

The photos of your kitchen and sitting room are gorgerous. You've got impeccable taste.

Sarahx

Pat said...

I enjoyed reading your list, Cindy.

I've been meaning to tell you, I absolutely love your banner.

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Congratulations on your award, Cindy! You so deserve it, my friend! Loved hearing a little bit more about you... much of which I already knew from reading your lovely blog. :)
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Hugs,
Jo :)

nannykim said...

Thanks for sharing this---I will have to come back when I have a better signal--some of the pictures are not showing!

Ana said...

Congratulations my sweet friend.

Love,
♥Ana

Marissa "Marathon" Stower said...

I don't have much for a point of reference for "Stylish Blogger", but I will say you certainly earned the "Stylish Mom" award. You always look so fabulous! Not to mention that you're a beautiful person inside as well. I'm so blessed to call you "Mom".

Love you bunches!