Google Translator

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.  It is said that "Love is the only thing that can be divided without being diminished."  I am so thankful for the power of love.

If you are new to my blog, I welcome you!  
 
  I told you on Friday that I would show you one of the best gifts that I ever received on Valentine's Day.  I was talking to me sister Sue yesterday and she thought I might be referring to a wonderful gift given to me by my dear husband.  But no, Ray has given me some wonderful gifts, but this one was given to me, or us really, seven years ago today by our oldest daughter and her husband.
  She is a sweet, loving, strong willed and highly imaginative little girl and has been since day one!
She was acting out what people said and how they acted before she could even talk.  A born actress if I ever saw one.



B at about ten months old.
 


Easter when she was three.



All dressed up at four years old.


 Nearly seven years old here.
 Not a great photo, but that is the newest one that I have of her.  It was taken at the Christmas program.  Because of where we lived and what was happening at the time, I have had opportunity to spend more time with B than I have with any of my other grandchildren.  I love them all and they are all special, but B remains the best Valentine present I ever received.

Happy Birthday to our precious B!!!

Thank you for all of your sweet comments and emails about Friday's post.  You, my readers, are truly what makes blogging such a fun and wonderful experience.  Connecting with you has widened my horizons and brought me love and friendships from around the world.  I truly feel like I know some of you.  I guess that is what happens when hearts connect.  On this Valentine's Day, I want to tell you that I love YOU and you are all very special to me.



I am joining a party today for those who are new, under six months old or who have fewer than 100 followers.  I have had my blog for nearly two years, but have never sought after followers.  But if you wish to become a follower, I will do something special for somebody when I reach the 100 mark.

So check out Debbie's lovely blog, and join in if you fit the criteria, it's always fun to make new friends!

Love and hugs,



27 comments:

nannykim said...

She is adorable! Some gift!

Pamela Gordon said...

What a darling little granddaughter and what a special birthday she has! I have a niece born on this day as well and she is 17 today! Wishing you and Ray a very happy day! Blessings, Pam

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
A very sweet Valentine indeed!I love the valentines your Mom had.
Happy Valentines Day to you, enjoy your day of love, hugs and snuggles.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Bethany! I agree that she is best gift ever, how could anything else even come close, except for another child born on Valentines day too.
You have a very special and beautiful GD. Bethany's growing up pictures make me wonder how my own little baby E will grow up.

I hope you have Happy Valentines day - with lots of love sweetness

Vintage Gal said...

Happy Birthday to sweet sweet Bethany ~ what a doll. That would be the BEST gift ever. Happy Valentines Day

Gail said...

Oh Cindy, this post gave me goose bumps! Thanks for sharing and I'm so glad you've joined Debbie's party. You have such a beautiful blog and Happy Birthday to your sweet Bethany.

Happy Valentines Day to you my dear friend,
Gail

Melanie said...

Bethany is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. I found you through Debbiedoo's. I'm following you now. Come be my bloggy friend!

Melanie
www.youmadethat.blogspot.com

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Bethany is a cutie pie! Happy Birthday to her! Thanks for joining in this week..enjoy your Valentines day!~ XO

Joanne said...

Cindy,
Your grand daughter is such a sweet and precious princess...love how she poses so elegantly!
What a gift!
Happy Birthday Bethany
and...
Happy Valentine's Day!
Joanne

Shabby soul said...

Cindy, she is REALLY beautyful!
Hope you had a happy Valentine (I'm sure you had it,darling friend).
Thank you for your ever lovely words!
Have a good day
Silvia

Pauline said...

She's a lovely gift indeed :o) I don't know if I will ever recieve a similar gift, but I'm certain she/he would be a blessed gift too :o)
God bless you and yours.

Paige @ The Wandering Cottage said...

So cute! My birthday is today too!

Sue said...

Cindy,
Bethany is everything you described her. What a sweetheart! I never tire of looking at pictures of her. Definitly a blessed Valentine day gift!!
xoxo Sue

rosarod said...

Hi Cindy, I hope this day is special. The gift that you show us is undoubtedly beautiful! and more it's your beautiful granddaughter. Greetings, Rose Marie

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Happy Birthday to Bethany! I've never seen prettier eyes! She is adorable!

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Aww shes so sweet. Thanks for coming by and visiting me. I am now following along.

Nancy said...

Hi Cindy...Happy Valentine's Day! Your sweet granddaughter is so pretty. I love her eyes when she was a baby. What a special blessing she has been for you!

Hugs,
Nancy

Magpies and Magnolias said...

The best Valentine's present ever! Bethany is not only truly beautiful, but it is obvious that she has that star quality that many seek but so few possess.

Linda said...

Such a sweet post! Truly a wonderful Valentine's gift!! She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines day my sweet Aunt!! Now I hope Uncle Steve doesn't follow your blog, lol, you know how he takes things too personally... hehe ;)
Beth is the most beautiful bright eyed little girl and is such a blessing <3
Love you lots!!
Krissy

Martina said...

Hi Cindy, this was such a sweet post, those pictures of your daughter are adorable she was a little cutie pie! Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my MB post I just became your newest follower. Have a great day, Martina

Heather@The Black's Best said...

She is precious! Thank yo for stopping by my blog!

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Happy Birthday to precious little Bethany!! That would be the best Valentine's Day gift ever, wouldn't it?!
I hope you had a special day with your sweetheart, Cindy!
Love and hugs,
Jo :)

Ellen said...

What sweet pictures of your adorable Baby Girl. Happy Birthday Bethany!

xoxo,
Ellen

Ana said...

Oh my goodness Cindy...What an adorable post. What a wonderful Valentine's day gift indeed. She's gorgeous. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's my dear and sweet friend...And your almost at 100...Two more to go...Yay!

Much love to you,
♥Ana

Betty said...

Bethany is a dear little girl. Such a beautiful baby and growing up into a lovley little lady.
What a wonderful Valentine's gift the day she was born and a gift you can celebrate every 14th February.
I really like pic.three and the sweet outfit she's wearing.
Thanks for your always welcome comments.
Betty

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Isn't she stunning? Those big eyes. Gorgeous!

You must be so proud!! And how lovely for her as she gorws up to have her grandmother so near by.

Sarahx