Google Translator

Monday, February 21, 2011

An Island Cottage

Thank you to all of you who left such nice comments regarding my sister's apartment and the post preceding that one, on Whidbey Island.  This beautiful Island sits just west of Seattle.  You can get a ferry from Mukilteo that takes you directly to it and after following Hwy. 525, which becomes Hwy. 20, you will be there in about an hour and a half.



Today I have something that includes both white decor and the Island.  It is "Seaside Cottage".  



It is a lovely little cottage that sits on the same road where this photo was taken.



Many of you commented on that photo.  It was a stormy day and the ocean presented a very dramatic scene!



"The cottage is small, yet it has all of the necessary elements. Furnished in a comfortable shabby chic style with white slip covered sofa, overstuffed chairs, and cottage style collectibles."

This little cottage is for rent, if anyone is interested.  You can rent it by the week, but they don't accept dogs or children.  I think I can understand why, but oh how I would love to take my grandchildren there for a fun get-away.




"If you appreciate a good nights sleep, you will love the luxury King Heavenly Bed. This is the same bed collection found at the Westin Hotels. Dressed in down with 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and down pillows."
I can imagine sleeping in that bed of eiderdown and waking up to the sound of the surf right outside my door, literally.



The chairs are sitting on the deck just outside the backdoor.




You could sip your morning coffee here...




...and watch the sun go down from those very same chairs that evening.   Aaah...doesn't that sound inviting?  And you can get your daily exercise walking the beach while beach combing.

"The deck is only a few feet from the beach, and miles of beach combing. In the spring gray whales swim right in front of the cottage. Bald Eagles are often spotted from the beach as well as sea otters, seals, and endless shorebirds."

If you are truly interested, here is the website.  (All quotes are taken from this website.)  Check it out!  And no, I am not being paid to do this.  I fell in love with this sweet little cottage several years ago when we were searching for a place to spend a week.  Unfortunately it was booked the week that we needed it. 

 Back to my reality.
It is still Winter time where I live, it's -16 deg. Celsius under cloudless, sunny skies.  It was -29 yesterday at this time, so it has warmed up!  I have to keep a positive attitude, you know.  I love the Winter and this has been a very sunny one.  I thank God for that!

Have a great day, my friends.
Hugs, 

14 comments:

Jenifer said...

Gorgeous! I would love to do shabby chic in all white, but yes, with four kids and three dogs...can't do it. :)

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Beautiful! Of course, that rules me out b/c of kids. Sounds like a great girls get-away though! hint hint ;)

Pauline said...

Dear Cindy, I am leaving now, lol!! It looks like a great spot to get away to. Maybe one day...
God bless your day :o)
Hugs

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! What a beautiful place! I've been to that island! My daughter and her family lived in the Seattle area and we took the ferry over and drove around. I love the soft romantic look of that little cottage! I know it would make for a nice retreat!
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

EG Wow said...

It's a beautiful place! I would be afraid to sit on those white slipcovers and maybe leave a mark though!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

-16???? I've never been somewhere that cold. I think the coldest I ever remember it being in England is maybe -8. Ooooh, I hope you're all snuggled up and nice and cosy.

Sarahx

Pamela Gordon said...

Would I ever love to stay in that sweet cottage by the sea! It's just darling and I love the beautiful bed with a view too. It has been cold hasn't it? It was -8 here today but the wind was northerly and strong. Brrrr. It won't be much longer....will it? Blessings. Pam

Pamela said...

Hi Cindy!
Thanks for coming over and visiting me today...and the lovely comment on my island!
You must live in Eastern Canada seeing those temps!!
Thank goodness I now don't have to go through them.
Great meeting another Canadian!!
Pamela xo

Oh and I love your banner!!! Is this in your home?

Ana said...

What a beautiful little cottage. Looks like a wonderful place to spend a week away from the hustle and bustle of life :-) I may not be able to go there anytime soon but I can certainly dream about it :-) Thanks for sharing the info my dear friend. BTW, love your sisters livingroom and new couches. Have a wonderful day and keep warm and safe.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Elizabeth and Gary said...

What a dreaming place to vacation! I would love to rent a place over looking the ocean..one day I will..
Cindy your Sister's place is lovely and so fresh..She is on the right path for sure. Please keep us updated on her living room, it will be fun to see how she designs it.
Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Looks like heaven to me... wish I were there right now.

Kathy said...

Cindy, I just love your header photo - I think sleeping in a bed like that would be like sleeping in a big hug!
Hope you're having a great day,
Kathy

Sunny simple life said...

How lovely and on the water too. I think I would want it to be warm for swimming though.

Jason and Danielle said...

All of your pictures are just gorgeous! I can't stop looking at all of them. They are so inspirational:>