Google Translator

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Watery Wednesday

Happy Wednesday to all of you. 
My son, Greg, is a brick layer and runs his own company here in our city.  It's mainly an outside job, which cannot be performed in subzero weather.  So he takes off for warmer climates in the middle of every Winter.  He usually takes both of his kids with him, leaving his wife home to work, she is a secretary at a local High School.  But this time only Jonathan wanted to go.
This year he went to Florida, down in the Everglades and the  Florida Keys.  He was kind enough to share his photos with me to use on my blog.  Thanks Greg.


Now I know some of you live in Florida and you may immediately recognize these birds.  I am going to guess that this is a flamingo, but if you know that it isn't, please tell me what it is.  Edit:  This bird is called a Spoonbill.  Thanks, Greg! 


This one looks like the Blue Heron that spends the summer up here in Canada.  They are very common where you find still water.


Can you see what Jonathan has been looking at?  An alligator!


 He's getting closer!

I hope you enjoyed seeing these watery images, including the Florida wildlife.
I am joining Watery Wednesday once again.  You can go over there to see some great photography from bloggers who live around the world.


Before I go I want to say Happy Birthday to my daughter, Carolyn.  She is 32 today!  


Carolyn is a very thoughtful daughter and a loving wife to Mark and a mother to her two young'uns.  She is a survivor.  At age 16 she was diagnosed with osteogenicsarcoma.  She went through all of the treatments and surgery and these many years later we can still say that she won that battle.  Only a few months after marrying her sweet husband, he came down with cancer and she went through all of his treatment and surgery with him.  He is another survivor! 
Her two children are very energetic and imaginative and she home schools the oldest one.She is a strong individual who knows her own mind and who has a great deal of empathy for people who suffer an illness or abuse of any kind.  I thank the Lord for this daughter.  I love you and I hope this birthday, is a very happy one, my sweet Carolyn.
 
Have a great day!

Hugs, 





12 comments:

Betty said...

Hi Cindy,
I wouldn't like to be quite so close to that alligator! Must be an interesting area to visit.
Happy birthday to your lovely daughter! She is an inspiring young woman. I think she looks like you :)
Thankyou for your interest in and comments on my blog.
Stay warm,
Betty

Linda said...

Scary alligator! Fun photos! Your daughter is lovely...I do think when people go through hard times and illness, that you develop a lot of compassion for other people...Happy Birthday, Carolyn!

Vintage Gal said...

Cindy ~ your daughter is lovely. Fun, Fun, Fun with alligators? Don't get toooo close ;-)

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Cindy, these are great pictures and your grandson is the cutest! Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter. Our girl will be 32 in July! I can't believe that. You must be so thankful your daughter and son-in-law are survivors. God is so good! Blessings, Pam

RicKaren said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter who is close to my age--my birthday is in May. You also have a handsome little grandson, though I can't say the same about the alligator. :)

Gail said...

Beautiful pictures Cindy, especially of your grandson. I want a vacation to a warmer climate but not where there is alligators! Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The alligator...shudder!

A SEEKER OF WATER

A seeker of water, they say,
Is likely to savor the day,
If she can find dew,
A few raindrops too—
Or even some vast ocean spray!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Tiny Tugs Tumbling

Sue said...

Good day Cindy! Love the pictures of Jon and the alligators. He is SO cute & looks like he is really enjoying himself! I envy him in his
'shirtsleeves'!
You do have a lovely daughter and I am proud to call her my neice. She is a real credit to you!Carolyn has a wonderful family. They are a blessing to us all.
xoxo Sue

George said...

It's wonderful to see some warm weather water for a change, but I just hope that Jonathan didn't let the alligator get much closer.
Happy Birthday to your daughter. Her story is very inspiring.
Thank you for visiting my site.

Ana said...

Awesome pictures Cindy...but that alligator is just way too close...scary! Thanks for sharing them with us.

A great big happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. All my best wishes for her.

Have a wonderful day my dear friend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Wendy said...

That alligator is too close to that child for my liking!!! :)

I didn't realize your son in law also battled cancer. What amazing courage and strength they have. I'm so glad they are both doing well. God is gracious.

Secret Garden Cottage said...

What a great trip that must be for your grandsons! Great water and alligator pics!
Happy b-day to your beautiful daughter, Cindy! What a trooper she is to overcome so many tough challenges in her life. :)
Hope you have a lovely weekend, my friend!
Hugs,
Jo