Google Translator

Friday, March 4, 2011

~Ruffles & Ramblings~

Do you like ruffles?  I love them, they are so feminine.  I have a t-shirt that was rather revealing in the front, it was just too tight to comfortably wear.  So, I added ruffles down the front and now it looks like this!   What do you think?  It is now modest enough that I don't have to wear something over it if I don't want to.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I am all about being modest, yet feminine.




I think it looks especially nice with a cardigan.




Or you can make a rosette and add that with little strings attached to it.  This is where I found instructions for all of these.  Tea Rose HomeThis blogger is one creative young lady.


Recently I showed you a little cardigan sweater with ruffles around the neck that I wanted to try to duplicate.  I need to put one more row of ruffles on it and I will be ready to show it to you!  So stay tuned. 

If you have long hair and are looking for a different way to fix it, I found this wonderful blog.  Eisy Morgan, she is another very creative young lady.  She has lots of tutorials on how to fix hair in many different ways.  Plus, a few crafty ideas, too.

Do you love to read?  Recently I found a, new to me, author.  Her name is Susan Meissner.  She has written a small series of Mysteries and a couple of novels.  Her novels tackle problems that people occasionally face and through trusting God, they find solutions to, eventually.  My favorite is "Why the Sky is Blue" , I cried through the first half of the book.  If you read it you will understand why.
 
""Clair Holland has a loving husband, beautiful children and a life as predictable and safe as any woman can imagine. Then one night when returning to her car after a quick shopping trip to the local mall, everything changes...
Kate Holland looks back at that night in her mother's life and knows it was a turning point.  Their safe world was destroyed as choices were made that would forever affect the future of the entire family."   It is a real tear jerker.

It is only -11 Celsius, so I am off for a walk to the library to see if they have any more of her books. 

What are you reading right now?
Have a lovely weekend, my friends.
Hugs, 

26 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Oh that is just too cute! So smart!

Gail said...

Love the pic and you did an awesome job on the ruffles! You are one creative lady yourself. I love to read but I don't take the time to read like I use to. Maybe things will slow down some after I get done planning a wedding for my daughter.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Gail

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Oooh, that blog sounds great with the hairstyles. I'm going right over now. Vain? Me?!!

I love your ruffles, Cindy. You look beautiful. That lilac cardi looks gorgeous on you.

Sarahx

RicKaren said...

Your shirt looks beautiful! I have been wanting to try that, and have not found the time--or maybe the patience. I am definitely going to check out that blog with hairstyles too!

Joanne said...

I love femininity! I love modesty!
I love ruffles! and I love Susan Meissner!
http://www.susanmeissner.com/books.html

I love your t-shirt...so sweet.
I am wearing a ruffled sweater today too that I bought at Mark's Work Wearhouse...do you also have that store? http://www2.marks.com/
Hope your library visit was successful!
blessings!
Joanne

Joanne said...

Just found the sweater:
http://www2.marks.com/productdetails.asp?categoryID=551&start=1&href=%2Fctwnew%2Fmarkprod.nsf%2FProductListByID%2F1D921D88CBA8FB2E80257838000B2033%3FOpenDocument

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Cindy, I love the ruffles on your tee shirt. So cute! Aren't some tee shirts just so thin? I am currently reading "Choosing to See" by Mary Beth Chapman wife of Stephen Curtis Chapman the Christian gospel singer. It's about her life and her beautiful children and the tragic death of their little girl. Have you read it? Stephen Curtis Chapman is performing in concert at our church next weekend and I haven't even bought the tickets yet! I hope there are 2 left!! Have a great weekend. Blessings, Pamela

Jenifer said...

Love the ruffles! What a great idea!

Shabby soul said...

Your T-shirt is so cute now!!
Thank you for your lovely comments! :)
Have a nice WE
Silvia

Sue said...

Wow - that is the cutest little t-shirt! Shows off your nice figure very nicely too - but not revealing. Thank you for the name of another good author. I appreciate it.
I love your blog althought I don't comment very often. Keep it up!!
xoxo Sue

rosarod said...

Hi Cindy, I like your shirt and I'm so beautiful! when the samples alone or with other piece on top, adding alternatives. I love flying! thanks for the addresses of other creative blogs, I will visit them, for now, congratulations! Cindy you are so talented! , hugs, Rose Marie

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi sweet friend...

Ohhh...I just adore your ruffled blouse, my friend! It really is gorgeous and yes, I think ruffles are so very feminine! You did a great job recreating this top so that you could wear it comfortably!!! You know, I was just looking at one of my online clothes shops and they had several t-shirt type tops that had ruffles on them like this...and also...several with ruffles and fabric roses sewn around the collars! I love them! Can't wait to see the pretty sweater that you've been working on! Well my dear, sounds like you are keeping very busy! We are still having cold weather at my place as well! I'm really ready for spring! Hopefully soon! Thank you for sharing your new pretty blouse with us...as well as the links to some creative blogs!

I also wanted to thank you for coming by and leaving such a sweet note! You always make my day, dear lady! Thank you!!!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Chari

Vintage Gal said...

Cindy the blouse looks adorable. What a lovely way to change it up. I LOVE ruffles ~ I agree, so feminine. ;-)

Divine Theatre said...

It looks so nice with the cardigan! Very flirty without being blatant!
Excellent job!

Rhonda said...

you did a great job and you look so pretty and feminine!
what is with manufacturers that make the low necklines on so many clothes that are supposed to just everyday things anyway? finding even plain clothes that aren't lowcut is hard for me.

good thing I can sew and maybe copy you :)

Pamela said...

This is great! I love it and want one!!!

Linda said...

The ruffles really do look fabulous!! Love it! Thanks for all the blog links!

Betty said...

Yes, I do like ruffles and I think it looks just lovely. So feminine. You are very clever Cindy and what a good idea. I looked at "The Tea Rose Home" blog. Such great ideas with frills.
Look forward to seeing your cardigan sweater.
Have a great day.
Betty

Brittany said...

That shirt looks so cute! A great idea =) I'm loving ruffles these days,too, like you said - they're just so feminine and fun! And what a great way to solve the low-neckline problem.

Jane said...

You did a really good job with that shirt with ruffles :) I love ruffles too.

Wendy said...

I love what you did with your shirt. It's just so sweet!

Josefa Lunares said...

Me encantaaaa tu camiseta de volantes pero pienso que te quedaria mucho mejor con un pantalon vaquero mejor pero si no usas pues de tela quizas con la falda lo veo que te haga mas mayor, a ti te gusta esta combinación?? Bss josefa.

French-Kissed said...

I just love your ruffled fix to this shirt...so many T shirts only work with something over them...now you can wear it alone in warmer weather. I am off to check out the hair blog now for ideas of what to do with this long mop of mine. I only get my hair done 3 times a year, so many times I struggle in between the cuts. Hope you had a good weekend and that can start to get little glimpses of Spring soon.

~jermaine

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, I just love the ruffles you've added to your shirt! I might want to try that! Although I'm rather short but it would be so cute! :)
Now you know I'm going to have to take this picture of you! I'll let you know when I have a post up! Thanks for telling me and I will crown you for all of Blogland to see.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ana said...

Yet another great idea with ruffles my dear friend. You look soooo cute in your ruffled shirt. I have to make one for myself...:-) Thanks for sharing all the sites with us.

Hugs,
♥Ana

Marissa "Marathon" Stower said...

That shirt is just adorable! And you look so slim! You are so talented at so many things, but all have them seem to be related to beautifying: yourself, your home, and the lives of people around you.
Mucho love. xox