Google Translator

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Watery Wednesday

Happy Wednesday, my friends! 
My photos are going to be from, you guessed it, Whidbey Island, Washington again.  There is so much beauty to be seen there.  These were taken at the bridge that crosses to the island.  Here is where you cross over Deception Pass.  If you could see over the other side of this bridge, it is quite different from this very placid scene, it is in fact very rugged looking.  It's becomes very narrow and dangerous on the other side.





 Looking the other way.


  Same beach, but looking at it from the road that crosses the bridge.
 

  Walkway going down to the beach.






Have I mentioned how much I enjoy Whidbey Island?  It's interesting to note here that several people who have read my blog have left comments telling me that they have been here.  I'm really not surprised, it is such a marvelous vacation area.  Interestingly enough, it is relatively untouched by touristy stuff.



I am joining Watery Wednesday, if you enjoy photos of the water, go over and check out this fine meme.

Have a lovely day,


21 comments:

Jenifer said...

I love, love, love water! Ocean (my favorite), lake, pond, pool, any water, I love! Gorgeous pictures, as always! Have a great day Cindy!

Leah said...

Thank you for the comments on my blog, Cindy! I appreciate every.single.one! :)
Love the pictures of the water. It looks like a beautiful spot to vacation. Relaxing...ah... :)

High Street Cottage said...

Beautiful! I love learning about new spots to visit!

2sweetnsaxy said...

What a beautiful location! I can see I would be traveling over that bridge quite a bit myself. I'm so glad you enjoy WW and I hope you keep coming back. :-)

Brittany said...

Beautiful!!! Looks like a perfect vacation spot!

rosarod said...

Hi Cindy, magnificent photos of really beautiful places! Greetings, Rose Marie

George said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures of Whidbey Island. I haven't been there, but I would certainly like to visit some day.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

So pretty! I'd love to take a stroll there.
Looks so peaceful and serene.

Pamela Gordon said...

What beautiful pictures of this lovely island again! Thanks for sharing them with us. Have a great day! Blessings, Pamela

Robin said...

Ahhhhh, so pretty. Makes me want summer to arrive even more quickly!

Marias Teater said...

Hello Cindy, beautifull and serene nature and nice blog as well! have a nice day, greetings from Norway

eden said...

What a beautiful place! Beautiful photos.

NatureFootstep said...

lovely place one can only long for. :)

nannykim said...

Hi, thanks for your stop by. I have been doing NOT MUCH BLOGGING!! lately! I just have had other things a doing! Love these pics you have here. They remind me of some places we visited on the Washington coast when my son was living there. He is now trying to decide if he should return! We surely will miss him if he does since we live in SC , but it would mean we would get to visit out there once a year!

Mia said...

Hi Cindy! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. Of course you can feature my little cottage in your blog, should you wish to do so. It would be an honour. I would love to know if and when you would choose to do so :-)

bicocacolors said...

what a beautiful trip!!
thanks for sharing Cindy and
greetings from Spain!
Elena

Pat said...

Absolutely breathtaking, Cindy!

CottageRose said...

Hi, Cindy! Beautiful pictures! I've been to Whidbey once, for work. It was beautiful!!

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Hi Cindy! Great, great photos of Whidbey. All of Washington looks great when there's sunshine, I think. Well photographed! I'll have to get out there one of these days. I'm down near Burien so it's a ways, but not too bad.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hey Cindy,

You've been to some really amazingly gorgeous places. This looks like paradise to me!

Sarahx

Ana said...

Gorgeous picutres...Truly a beauitful place.

Hugs,
♥Ana