Google Translator

Friday, April 22, 2011

Lampshade Before and After

Happy Good Friday to you!

Last summer I found this lamp shade, I loved the shape of it, but never the color.  I put it on this floor lamp and it was an improvement over what was on it, but it was just too dark.    After searching for some way to fix it, I happened upon a gorgeous blog called, Dear Lillie.  She put up a tutorial for a lampshade that she recovered and so I have copied it.


I  think I like it!

A while back Novica contacted me, asking me to review a couple of their products.  They sent me a $100 gift card and I ordered a blouse and a cute little wool purse.  I was impressed with the speed of delivery, I think it took four days from ordering it until it was at my door.  I was impressed.  I love the blouse, it's called Pink Sugar Chic.


I normally wear a medium, so that's what I ordered
and it fits perfectly.  The blouse and the purse, called Pompom Rainbow, were both made in Thailand.  The purse is very sweet, it's made out of wool and is completely lined.  It's also a mustard yellow that is so popular right now.  I love it.



"A Nation of artists throughout the world --
a village of carvers in Bali;
a family of ceramists in Brazil who have handed down their craft
from generation to generation;
a farmer in the Andes who hand-weaves alpaca sweaters.

It is a community of artists who have been isolated

for centuries by distance, time, and geography --
isolated from the very community of collectors seeking
their unique, inspired, and undiscovered arts and crafts.

Now, finally, there is a bridge connecting our separate

communities into one worldwide nation --
this is The NOVICA Nation.

A nation of people inspired by the arts and

empowered by the Internet.
We are all members."
~Novica
Here are more links that you might want to check out.

I particularly hope you check out the Corporate Gifts that they offer.
<a href="http://corporate-gifts.novica.com">fair trade corporate gifts</a>
<a href="http://www.novicalive.com/">Novica Live</a>
<a href="http://eco-friendly.novica.com/">green gifts</a>
<a href="http://microfinance.novica.com/">microfinance</a>


What I like about them, is that they offer artisans from around the world, particularly those in third world countries, a way to sell the products that they make.
Have a wonderful weekend as you celebrate once again the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Hope of the Ages!

Love,



Yessir, I like it! ~me

21 comments:

Julie Harward said...

That lampshade is so cute..love it! ;D

RicKaren said...

Love, love, love the lampshade and the purse, and the blouse, but especially the lampshade. :)

Al said...

Love the lampshade makeover. It is simply gorgeous. The soft textures are beautiful. If you like the rock group Queen, check out my blog. One of their best songs, was redone with strings. Have a good weekend.
www.skylarkmanor.com

Wendy said...

The lamp is very pretty now! Suits you perfectly, you are so creative :)

Nancy said...

Love the shade you made! Have a blessed Easter!

Hugs,
Nancy

CAS said...

That's an adorable lamp redo. I also really like your calico plates -- the colors and the shape are truly unique.
CAS

Pamela Gordon said...

Your lampshade looks amazing. Sweet idea! I love the blouse and that adorable purse too! We got through our first night of our Easter drama and it was just amazing! God is so good. Happy Easter Cindy! Blessings, Pamela

Gail said...

WOW, Cindy! I love that lampshade. You did a great job on that make-over.

Happy Easter to you and your family Cindy.

Gail

Teena in Toronto said...

Hoppy Easter!

Pamela said...

I love that lampshade Cindy!!!
The blouse is beautiful too!

Happy Easter!

Pamela ox

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! OH, I love what you did to the lampshade! Looks so girly! That is a pretty blouse and just the cutes littel purse.
Have a blessed Easter, sweet one,
Shelia ;)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

I love your home, especially your kitchen! Happy Easter!

Pat said...

The lampshade is beautiful, Cindy!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Easter!

Kathy said...

Love this - very feminine - would love to try this!
Kathy

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Loving the lampshade!

oxox
Jennifer

Sue said...

Love that lampshade - so YOU! I just may try one myself one day. Very pretty blouse! & cute purse! Sweet colors.
xoxo Sue

Greet said...

Dear Cindy,
I hope you have had a wonderful Easter!!
Love the lamp shade a lot!!!
And the blouse is gorgeous! Nice choice my friend!
xx
Greet

Linda said...

OH your lampshade is gorgeous! And love your Novica goodies, too...they are a great company!

styled by 3 said...

i LOOOVVVE that pillow AND the lampshade - so cute!!! love!!

*liz

Anonymous said...

I love the lamp shade.
I am glad you won something too.
Love,
Judy

Corporate Gifts said...

Lampshade is so beautiful.....i got lots of useful info from here...thanks