Google Translator

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I Am Loving Wednesday


 I am loving porches and flower boxes!
Now that the warm weather has arrived my mind has gone to the out of doors and what I can do to bring in more color and beauty with plants and flowers around my house.
I found these on the internet they are all very inspiring to me.








I have two large window boxes, they are both in the shade and in the front of my house.  So I am looking for bright shade loving plants that will flower continuously or just put out lovely foliage.  I can't reach them very well, they are pretty high, so I don't want to have to dead head them.





This porch looks so cool and quiet, there aren't flowers in those hanging baskets.  I wonder what they are. 



I am loving the bright flowers on this one!  Flower boxes add such charm to a house.
What are you loving today?
Check out what others are loving over at lollipops.

Hugs, 

 

14 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

ohh I am a big flower box lover too! Hugs

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, I love the flower boxes! It just gets so hot here and we travel a bit in the summer - they don't work for me. But there's just something so welcoming and homey about them! Love all of your pretty snaps!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jenifer said...

I LOVE that big front porch!!!

podso said...

I could look at porches all day. I just spent the day Monday scrubbing all the winter dirt and pollen off of ours and hope someday to find time to sit on it! :-) It does encourage me to do so, though! I hope you find a solution for your window boxes.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You and I, girlfriend! I love flower boxes, and I am just really wanting one on my kitchen window along with some cute shutters. It's going to happen yet!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Julie Harward said...

That fourth pic..the gardner most likely does it! LOL I have a wrap around porch on my house but no railing, so I'll put my flowers in pots I guess. Very pretty here, thanks for sharing. :D

Pamela Gordon said...

I love flower boxes too but don't hang them under windows. I had 2 on the back deck railing last summer and really enjoyed them there. For shade, New Guinea Impatiens works well but require watering and a bit of deadheading. Most blooming plants require deadheading except for wave petunias which do it themselves but you have to clean up the mess on the floor :-) Coleus is a great colourful shade plant too. Have fun making your selection and I hope you will show us the results :-) Have a great day. Pamela

Linda Makiej said...

Beautiful photos - glad I found your blog!

Sue said...

I am a huge fan of window boxes. I have only once had a house with them but wow they make such a charming picture! Enjoyed your photos! Can't wait to see 'how your garden grows'!!
xoxo Sue

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi Cindy,

I've tried with flower boxes, honestly I have but I always, always forget to water them at some point and everything shrivels up!!!

These pictures are gorgeous though...maybe I'll have one more go!

Sarahx

Sally Lee by the Sea said...

I love flower boxes too - so glad I found your blog from lollipops blog hop today. I'm your newest follower - hope you can come over & say hello sometime...http://SallyLeeByTheSea.com

rosarod said...

Hi Cindy, what beautiful pictures! Flowers certainly add life and color at home, if these things look more sober this season nature expresses itself in that way, Greetings, Rose Marie

Danielle said...

The flower boxes are juts beautiful. I can smell the sweet flowers. How wonderful!

Ana said...

I love, love, love porches and if they have flower boxes even better :-) These are certainly some beautiful porches.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana