Google Translator

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Who Am I

Hello my friends!
Today I am going to attempt to define what my little blog, Oakview Cottage is all about.
I think of my blog as being a Lifestyle slash Cottage blog.  Simply meaning that it's about sharing my faith, my life, my home, my experiences, my country and getting to know you, my readers.
First and foremost I love my God with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Jesus is of first importance to me.  So that is interwoven throughout my blog.

Christmas of 2009 I told you about my grand son, who fell 15 feet and almost died.  But God raised him up and he suffered a small concussion, that was all. 


My blog is a place where holidays are shared...

Christmas 2010

...a place where I talk about my family, children and grandchildren whom I love so much.

My son's family.


 It is a place where I show the crafts that I have made.  I made this little apron for B when she was two.

Christmas baking, 2010.

It is a place where I talk about one of my favorite pastimes, baking...


...and a place where I show you my decorating projects.


I made the window treatment here after our kitchen was renovated.


My kitchen is one of my favorite places to dec0rate.  I showed all of the renovations that we made in the kitchen last year.



It is also a place where I enjoy showing off my photography skills, such as they are.

Add caption

These were taken four years ago on Easter Sunday.  This is my daughter and her husband and Nathan was a baby.  (Mark's birthday was yesterday, Happy Birthday to the greatest son-in-law around!)


My oldest sisters son Brian and his wife Theresa.
It's a place where I share the joys of extended family.  My nephew is a Chaplain in the United States Military.  He has spent time in both Iraq and Afghanistan and is now back safe and sound, in the US at his base in Texas.  He and his wife are so precious!

Manitoba Legislature in black and white.


 And last, but not least where I share photos of this great country that I live in, Canada!

Flooding of the Red River 2011.

If you are still with me, I hope you will continue to visit me and share your thoughts on what I am saying and showing you of my Lifestyle slash Cottage blog.

I am joining Sarah, who is having a Define Your Blog party over at Modern Country Style.

Thanks for coming along, I hope you have enjoyed the ride!!!  I certainly have.

Hugs, 





27 comments:

sarah atmyyellowhouse said...

Came over from Sarah's...you did a lovely job defining your blog. So much that I am looking forward to going back and reading more. :)

Sarah xo

Jenifer said...

Praise God your grandson is okay!!! You have a beautiful family and I love visiting your blog. You always inspire me. Blessings

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

That's amazing about your grandson Nathan. What an incredible story.

I LOVE hearing all that you get up to over there, Cindy. I think you are a fantastic grandmother. I'm storing up your ideas for when my children are grown up!!

Sarahx

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Hi Cindy!

I'm visiting from Sarah's link party. I just love your kitchen. How charming! I'll have to go back and see more. You have a wonderful family and what a blessing that Nathan is okay.

I'm off to look some more! Have a wonderful day!
Michelle :)

Pamela Gordon said...

Hello my friend. You know I love your blog and how it defines you and I always enjoy visiting you in your home. I think you did a fine job of describing yourself and your blog! Blessings to you my friend, Pamela

Al said...

Lovely blog you have! You are a very busy person, to say the least. I am a new follower of yours. I look forward to checking in to see what you are up to. Have a great day.
www.skylarkmanor.com

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Hi,
I am joining Sarah's lovely party from my vintage apartment in Chicago. So glad you joined, too.

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey
Link #26

ps. cindy, i enjoy the variety of topics you cover on your blog.

Julie Harward said...

Your blog sounds much like mine...the things we put value on are the same things. Love the pictures of the grand kids! :D

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I love your blog and don't want to miss a single post! Your purpose is clear and shines through in all you do. You're an incredible lady!
Hugs!

Shabby soul said...

Darling Cindy, thank you for your sweet and solace words. It has been really a terrible loss to me: he was my best friend and I will miss him so much.
You're so kind and I love your blog
Silvia

The Quintessential Magpie said...

May I definte your blog in a word, Cindy? LOVELY!

XO,

Sheila :-)

rachelsjunkinthetrunk said...

Can you say Chills?! Very beautiful blog! Thank you Cindy!

Lisa said...

Yes I agree, your blog is lovely. Really love the photos too. Bethany's apron is seriously cute.

x

Carol said...

Cindy,
Your blog is a favorite of mine!

Betty said...

Thank you for another lovely post. It is so nice to see your family. They must all bring you great joy.
The photo of the Red river is an amazing sight.
Enjoy your week-end.
Betty

traci said...

your blog is all this and so much more. it is a wonderful spot for friends to stop in and stay awhile. thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

I love your blog, love you & love 'all' of your family. God has been SO good to us! So glad you are 'mine' dear sis!
xoxo Sue

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This was an amazing post an I so enjoyed reading it. It has helped me get to know you better since I am pretty new to your blog!! Thanks!

Romi and Bob said...

Hello,
Thanks for commetin on my blog, it was lovely. I am so happy your grandson is ok and that your son in law is back home safe and sound. I love your kitchen renovations, they look so beautiful and homely. I am following so that I can visit again. Have a great day, Tracy x

Urban Rustic said...

I just love your kitchen!!

Danielle said...

I love reading your blog because I always feel calm and peaceful. I have enjoyed reading through your posts and finding out more about you and your style:>

Greet said...

My dearest Cindy,
I love your blog and all the precious things you share with us! I always experience a relaxed feeling visiting you! You have such a wonderful family and you are a person with a warm heart! Everyone who is visiting your blog can feel this! That is for sure!!
I wish you a wonderful and happy weekend my friend!
xx
Greet

Pauline said...

Dear Cindy, I'm enjoying your blog whatever post appears on it, lol. Long may it continues :o)
Have a blessed weekend.
Hugs

The Painted Garden said...

Hello Cindy,
It is so nice to meet you and visist your beautiful blog. Goodness - gracious -I really enjoyd learning about you .You did a wonderful job in defining your life, family, blog, loves,and beliefs. I enjoyed meeting you.
Have a wonderful dy.
Blessgss,
Ein

Teena in Toronto said...

And a fine blog it is too!

Ana said...

Dear Cindy,
I consider it a true blessing the day we found eachother in blogland...Love your blog and love you my dear freind.

Much love to you,
♥Ana

CalypsoInTheCountry said...

I am enjoying my visit to your blog. It is nice to learn more about you..you seem like a very warm person. Wasn't the Modern Country Define Your Blog party a great idea?
Shelley