Google Translator

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Beautiful Garden



 This is a re-post for Happy to Design's Sunday Favorites.  It was created in the summer time, trust me, this ladies beautiful yard is nice, but not quite this nice yet.  But it is one of my favorite posts from years gone by, so I thought I would show it to you.  I can't re-size my photos, but if you click on them they will enlarge, I'm sure.  So, I hope you enjoy it!



As promised last week, a tour around this lovely yard. I am posting this for Outdoor Wednesday. Please go over to A Southern Day Dreamer and see what others are posting today.
First up... the sign.

See, it really is a purple house, with Yellow Orange trim.

Her front door is very charming with a french door there. She has so many different kinds of plants and flowers around her house. I don't even know the names of most of them. I think I see a hydrangea peaking over the edge here.

Look, a sweet little tree house, wouldn't that make a little girls heart go pitter-patter?

Are the yellow flowers delphiniums? And look at the beautiful big bird house. Don't you love the iron fence? I have another neighbor with an iron fence much like that, I wonder who makes those.

A bird bath for the many birds that live in our community. I see hostas here, did you know that a hosta is a lily? Am I the only one who didn't know that?

Oh, I love the holly hocks!!! I want some, aren't they gorgeous and this is a lovely view, too.


She has a beautiful smooth lawn.

For a touch of whimsy, an old, way older than mine, bike planter with plants growing all around it. Isn't that cute?

Now we are in the alley and this is on the side of her garage, the window is a painting! I love it!!!




Well, we are nearly finished here, one last look at a shed that is tucked into the corner of her yard, and it has a gingerbread siding and... a chandelier!

Have you enjoyed the quiet little tour? I loved snapping the pictures last week and tonight when I passed the Purple House on my walk, I was hoping to see her in her yard, well... she was there but she had company, I heard silvery laughter coming from the back of her yard and there she was with somebody else sitting on old metal yellowy orange porch chairs. And, I could smell a fragrant smoke in the air, I think they had a little fire going. Oh, I wish I knew her and I could have joined them perhaps. One day...

Hope your Wednesday is beautiful and bright!

Hugs, Cindy
Thank you for reading my re-post, I hope you enjoyed the little tour.  This is such a pretty house.  I did in fact get a chance to meet the woman who lives there, she was very friendly and she told me to go ahead and go through her yard and take photos if I wanted to.  But alas, I had no time then and I have not been back.  She does have the greatest yard sales, though, every year.  So, hopefully I will get a chance to visit again.

I hope you are enjoying a restful Sunday, my friends.

Hugs, 

20 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, what a delightful looking purple house! Love the accent color too. Her gardens are gorgeous!! Have a lovely weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Al said...

I loved that little our. That purple house is just splendid. I am sure the inside is just as interesting. Her garden is sweet too. Thanks for this fun post.

Julie Harward said...

WOW...what beautiful, dreamy yard! I would like to spend the day there! Thanks for sharing it. :D

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love the house,yard,and bicycle. Seeing the bicycling "growing" like that makes me want to do the same thing. Love it!

traci said...

don't really like the color of the house, but i love everything else about it.

Lorraine said...

... it's just like a dream....
Love, Lorraine

Pondside said...

No wonder this is one of your favorites - that house and yard are full of inspiration. I love it too!

Pamela Gordon said...

Cindy, I loved this post! What a sweet house and yard. I haven't seen it before and if I had I'd want to see it again. So many things to look at! Thanks for sharing. And about that sunshine ~ I hope you enjoy it and spread it farther east too. :-) Blessings, Pam

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Cindy...

Dear friend, I am just tickled pink to have you join in with the Sunday Favorites party...WELCOME!!! What a sweet post to reshare! Ohhh my...the Purple House really is lovely! The gardens are fabulous!!! I really can't imagine having such a beautiful yard...I'm afraid that I don't have much of a green thumb! Eeeks! Oooh...I wonder if the lady of Purple House cuts those pretty flowers for fresh bouquets for inside? I would have sooo much fun doing that! Such a beautiful home...gardens...very unique and I love that! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us for the Sunday Favorites party, dear friend! I really enjoyed!!! Hope you'll join in with us again!!!

Have a super Sunday, Cindy!
Chari

Rhonda said...

what a sweet post. I am glad you re-posted it as I never saw it the first time, guess I did not "know" you back then.
I especially like that she has a sign so passerbys will know it is the purple house. She must really have a sense of humor.

hope you had a nice weekend.

podso said...

What fun to see around this house! It shows so much personality. I'm glad you finally met the owner, Maybe someday you'll have time to visit her again.

Sheila said...

This was such a wonderful tour of a unique garden. thanks for taking us back for a second look.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Hi Cindy! So glad you re-posted this, I've not read it before. Your neighbor's yard is so pretty and what a special combination of colors on the house! It makes it all the more cheery!

glad to see it, loved the bike-Pat

Betty said...

What a charming home. Love the window boxes and curved beds. Thanks for re-posting.

A Cultivated nest said...

LOVED the garden tour! That my kind of garden. Loved all the pretty birdbaths they have.

Manuela

Ana said...

What an enchanting garden...Thank you for sharing it with us. It's been gloomy for the past week here. I am so ready for some sunshine too. Hope you had a wonderful weekend my sweet friend.

Much love,
♥Ana

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Wow! Such a gorgeous place!

Linda said...

What a charming cottage...love the beautiful gardens, especially the hollyhocks! Hope spring has reached you, Cindy!

Pauline said...

Beautiful post, Cindy. I've not a green thumb on my hands. Seems like I take plants home to die, no matter how hard I've tried, so I leave them alone, lol.
Hugs

oldblackcatboo said...

I adore this home and yard! I live in a small house and have more yard than home...I hope someday that MY home can look similar to this. I hope you get that tour!