Google Translator

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

After the Showers

While I was outside taking these photos today, a quick little shower passed my way.  It come out of nowhere, a huge black cloud.  But the shower was done and over with in less than a minute. 


It occurred to me that life is like that sometimes.  A problem comes our way and suddenly all we can think of is doom and gloom and in no time it's over and if someone should ask us about it, we have forgotten what it was all about.


I watched my parents go through many struggles, but they never let the bad times define them.  For instance one of their babies died when I was about five years old.  They talked to us about it and we went to visit the graveside occasionally, but the death did not define who they were.
When our families house burnt down, they often spoke of it, but in terms of gratitude for God's wonderful provision in the aftermath.  We weren't a family that had lost a child and whose house burnt down.  We were a family that God had blessed so tremendously.


There is a lesson to be learned in that, I think.



My husband has a saying that he repeats often, "God is good to me and He is good to me all of the time."  I love it!


I am so grateful for God's wonderful handiwork.  I enjoy my yard and flowers SO much!  


I just recently realized that Peonies do not smell especially pretty until they have been taken off of the bush and are put on display.  Then their fragrance can fill a whole room.  Their fragrance is much like a roses fragrance.


What defines you, the sadness of life or the gladness of life?  Life brings plenty of both, but I want the GLAD times to define me, then I will always have a reason to smile.  I will have a positive outlook.

  WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART...PEACE IN YOUR SOUL..AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS...

20 comments:

Millie said...

That is a great philosophy, Cindy!...and your yard is looking wonderful.

Jenifer said...

Lovely pictures and wonderful devotion! Thank you Cindy!

Jeannie said...

I love your husband's saying. Tell him thanks!

podso said...

Wonderful post, (and your yard is so pretty.) It's all in one's perspective and gratefulness to God for all his gifts is key, isn't it?

Betty said...

Cindy, I love the sentiments you conveyed. Something we should always try to remember.
Your garden is delightful. Very interesting to read about the peonies. I have never smelled their perfume, but thought it must be as beautiful as they are.
Thanks for sharing your memories of your parents.
Thinking of you and wishing you happy days.
Betty

Julie Harward said...

What a great post..love it! And I love your yard, one of those well established beautiful yards..gorgeous! ;D

Pondside said...

We can't choose what is handed to us, but we can choose how we view it. I love the saying your husband has!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I feel EXACTLY the same way. After my husband was made redunant four years ago, it started really sinking into my heart that that should be my attitude. God is good ALL the time - not just when we get a windfall, or the sun is shining....but when things seem hard, or there's no money coming in.....God is GOOD!!!

Sarahx

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy what a beautiful post and beautiful gardens too! Martina

Sandra said...

You've been blessed with wonderful, faithful parents and husband who truly have faith in God. What a beautiful post (and pictures too). Thanks for sharing.

Nancy said...

OH Goodness, Cindy! I'm sitting here on the verge of crying! This post is wonderful! Finding the blessings in hardache and trials is sometimes so hard to do! Your pictures are just lovely and peaceful!

Thank you for stopping by and welcoming me back! You are just a sweetheart!

Blessings to you! Nancy

Shabby soul said...

Darling Cindy is so true, we have to be gratefull to God for all we have, sometimes also because the bad things help us to recognize the good we have.
Your garden is gorgeous!
have a nice day darling
Silvia

Anonymous said...

Beatiful post, Cindy!

Pamela Gordon said...

Lovely post Cindy! I always try to have a positive attitude but I do have my moments. I am always grateful for the blessings God has given me and my family. He has been so good to us! Bless you my friend. Have a wonderful long weekend too. Happy Canada Day! Hugs, Pamela

oldblackcatboo said...

well...I WAS going to say that I dug up ALL my peonies because they always had ants! But...
I guess never mind.
You are right though, about looking at the positive side of things and remembering to take time to realize our blessings and to be grateful. Sometimes it's easy to forget, thanks for the reminder! :) - Cindi

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely post and beautiful garden photos. You are right, we are blessed.

Tamera Beardsley said...

What a wonderfully inspirational post!

Greet said...

Oh sweet Cindy! What a wonderful posts! Sometimes we need someone as you who let us stand still for a moment and think about all the wonderful things in life that God offers us! I love that saying of your husband! It is so true!
Cindy your peonies are so beautiful! Yes they smell very well if you display them! I hadn't not that many of them this first year we planted them, I hope to have more of next summer! They are sooo beautiful!
Cindy I wish you a wonderful weekend and thank yoou so much for all of your sweet comments on my posts!
xx
Greet

Sue said...

I am so thankful for our mom and dads outlook at life. That is most likely what helped me so much through the trials that came my way! God IS good all of the time!
xoxo Sue

Ana said...

What a beautiful post Cindy...I totally agree with your hubby...God is good all the time and all the time God is good :-)Sending you a great big hug.

Much love,
♥Ana