Google Translator

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Climbing the Ladder

It's not the ladder of success, unfortunately, unless you consider the fact that I have been searching for an old ladder for several years now and I did finally find one.  That is success to us junkers.  I found it in the garbage, someone was actually throwing this thing away!  After a good hosing down it came out looking very nice, I think.


I'm not sure where it's final "resting" place will be, but I think it looks very nice right where I have put it.  For the time being anyways.  I want to work on my screened in porch and it will eventually go there. 



The wood is very weathered and if there was ever paint on it, there isn't any now.


You can see the old  rusted metal ladder mechanism at the top.  That is my thrifty find, it was FREE, you can't get much better than that.

Before you go, grab a Banana Bran Muffin, they are piping hot from the oven.  I'm surprised that you can't see steam coming out of them, they are that hot.


And for those of you who love to bake, here's the recipe.

Banana Bran Muffins

3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Splenda
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup natural wheat bran
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup pecans (optional)

Cream butter and sugars well, add eggs and beat.  Add flour and bran with salt and soda.  Beat until just mixed.  Add mashed bananas and nuts and or chocolate chips.  Mix well.
Bake in prepared muffin tin at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes or put in prepared loaf pan and bake at 325 for 1 hour.
Very yummy both ways!

I freeze my bananas once they are over ripe and then thaw and just squeeze them out of their peel.  And I love to use both pecans and chocolate chips.  This muffin is both good for you and very tasty, could be served as a dessert or a breakfast food!

Please let me know if you use the recipe and tell me how it turned out for you.  This is a recipe I got from Kim at Dear Daisy Cottage and I changed it up, added the bran and used butter to suit my taste buds.

Have a lovely day my friends and thanks so much for stopping by, it is always a pleasure to have you.







Hugs, 


24 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Cindy, I love the new ladder! It looks really neat there in the living room with the linens on it. Those muffins look yummy. I hope you have had a great week! Blessings, Pamela

Pamela said...

Love it. Of course it's your linens that makes it so "right." And thank you for the muffin...my favorite kind.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

The ladder is wonderful...as are the muffins. I just made banana muffins yesterday but I wasn't very healthy and left out the bran!

Karen said...

That ladder is so great! That was great luck finding that beauty. It looks fabulous with the linens draped on it. Those muffins ...Yummy! I can almost taste them.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Cindy -
That ladder is really nice. Would that be an apple picking ladder? Looks great with the linens on it. Muffins look very good. I think I might have to make some muffins this weekend. But I do the lazy kind...where you just add a can of pumpkin to a cake mix and call it done.

Carolyn said...

The ladder was a great find-it looks great with your pretty linens.
Those muffins look so good-thanks for the recipe.

Carolyn

traci said...

thanks for the muffin. love the ladder. they metal on the top is really a great addition. and free - best deal around.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the ladder! That is my dream to find one this gorgeous in the trash one day...sigh...maybe. The muffin recipe looks so good. Thanks! hugs, Linda

rosarod said...

Spanish to English translation
Hi Cindy, I enjoyed your new acquisition, and how well it looks! as a bonus your recipe, they look so appetizing, maybe you can not see the steam out of these, but certainly tasty treats! greetings, Rose Marie

Brittany said...

You are one lucky gal! I LOVE your ladder - it's just perfect and you've decorated it just right! I've been looking for one, too...but then I thought with 3 little boys in the house, I just may be asking for trouble! LOL! If I find one, I'll have to hide it away in the guest room :) The muffins look wonderful, too! Made my mouth water :)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE IT Cindy and I think you found a perfect spot for it! Martina

Julie Harward said...

Love that ladder my friend, and it is double cute with all the pretties hanging on it! Love the muffins too, what a great recipe, thank you! :D

Pondside said...

Free is the best, isn't it?! I'm looking for an old ladder for the bathroom - for towels. I love yours!

Shabby soul said...

I love the ladder!
It fits so good where it is now!
I found one thrown away some days ago. It is old and perfect, a great find. I have to decide if paint it or not...
Have a wonderful day
Silvia

Rhonda said...

Hi Cindy, I do like your ladder, how cute it looks with the vintage linens and doilies. I think it could be fun to change them out seasonally too.
oh, I would love to share some muffins, thank you!

Ana said...

Hi there my friend,
Great find! I love old ladders and I've been looking for a one too! And guess what? I just found one too! Yay! I spotted an old ladder in my parents back yard...Haven't had a chance to take a closer look...But I've already put dibs on it :-) Keeping my fingers crossed it's as in good condition as yours. Love what you did with it...Thank you for the muffin :-) Have a wonderful weekend my sweet friend.

Love ya tons,
♥Ana

Carol said...

Beautiful muffins. And the ladder??-what a find!
Gotta love shopping the curb...

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Someone was throwing it away? Did I read that right? Well, it's LOVELY!! That should be a crime to throw away such loveliess! Look how gorgeous it looks. Well done you for spotting it's potential!!

Sarahxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Betty said...

Lovely way to display your pretty treasures. I've been looking for one to stand in my garden.
I would like to train sweet peas and clematis over it.
Hope you have a pleasant summery week-end.

Jenny said...

Love the ladder, it looks perfect!!! I am wanting a wider one exactly like it for quilts and such.. I am sure I will have to get it made though, no such luck in the junking department ..

Have a great weekend
Jen

Diann said...

Love your new weathered ladder! And really LOVE the price! It looks beautiful with all those gorgeous linens! Thank you for joining TTF and I am grabbing a muffin on my way out! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the ladder! It looks so at home in your lovely house! Karen~ from Pink Parsonage

tammylovesdishes said...

Isn't that the most wonderful feeling, to find something you have been searching for and then get it for free? Woohoo! Love the ladder and it looks great accented with your beautiful linens.

The muffins look yummy and especially tempting displayed on that pretty cake stand.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
Oh what a great find..I love the ladder and all your beautiful linen. I like where you put it too. Your garden is lovely and so green and lush.
Have a sweet day my friend and thanks for the muffin..yummmy!
Big hugs, Elizabeth